2nd time around but this time I mean it

Options
Hi everyone I'm Q! I'm 24 and a single father of 2. I tried MFP once before in 2011 but due to school/work/kids and horrible weather in Chicago I just quit. This time I have more support and more time and a lot more motivation. Recently I have been eating better and going to the gym 3-4 times a week after work and I feel a lot better! So far since mid-December I have lost 24 pounds but I still have a long way to go! That's all I suppose, nice meeting you all in advance.

Replies

• kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :)
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the weather as a excuse to give up their weight loss efforts before
  • hooliemay
    hooliemay Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It was -40 here yesterday and that is enough to make anyone want to hide. If it hadn't been a work day I definitely would have stayed inside in my pj's.

It doesn't matter what excuses we've all had in the past; the important thing is that you've made the commitment now to live a healthier life.

Way to go!
  • determinedt0l0se
    Options
    Welcome back :) .. this time will be your time! Keep up the good work .. 24 pounds is great!!
  • Atlantaguy225
    Options
    I agree...welcome back! Although, I'm brand new on this site. I've only been recording for a week. So far, though, I'm soooooo impressed. The ease of recording your calories and activity pulled me in early on. I love it. Then, when I did my weigh in this morning and I had lost 3 pounds, I thought let's stick with this. Hope it continues. And I hope you have really good results with MFP. I hope I continue to do, as well. The best to you.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Q! I'm 24 and a single father of 2. I tried MFP once before in 2011 but due to school/work/kids and horrible weather in Chicago I just quit. This time I have more support and more time and a lot more motivation. Recently I have been eating better and going to the gym 3-4 times a week after work and I feel a lot better! So far since mid-December I have lost 24 pounds but I still have a long way to go! That's all I suppose, nice meeting you all in advance.

congrats on your 24 lbs and two kids no better reason to be busy. love your stache, is it ironic? can't wait to see it when you lose weight and it stays the same size.
    mustache-man-s.jpg
  • JayKick88
    JayKick88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

congrats on your 24 lbs and two kids no better reason to be busy. love your stache, is it ironic? can't wait to see it when you lose weight and it stays the same size.
    mustache-man-s.jpg

Thanks haha yeah it is I cannot grow facial hair for anything so I joked with my friends that that was the only stache I would ever have haha

Thanks everyone this is the time!
  • sabgirls5
    Options
    Welcome back love, I'm here to support you...feel free to add me :)
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    FR sent. If anyone else would like to add me feel free. :)