A month down and needing friends for motivation!!!

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm definitely not new to the dieting world, as I have tried many times without long-term success, but I am new to the dieting community. I started my diet on January 1st this year (I know...typical). I have been at it so hard this time. I have changed the whole way I diet. In the past I have always been stuck on frozen diet meals. Although they have always been a great success in the actual WEIGHT LOSS and I have lost a great deal of weight using them in the past, you can't make these meals a LIFESTYLE. I always wind up gaining all the weight back...plus some! In my previous profession, I used to be a chef (which probably helped contribute to my weight), but I came to the realization that I need to prepare my own food. Not only find recipes for myself to help me with my new diet and lifestyle, but to create recipes myself as well. WOW...why didn't i do this a long time ago? My diet is going amazing and I am coming up with some really DELICIOUS and HEALTHY recipes. I know it's a big number and will really start to dwindle down with time, but this first month I have lost 40 POUNDS!!!

Something that I am lacking though is motivation. I have no one to diet with. I am married, but my wife is like the size of a twig (no offense to her...she's the most beautiful woman in the world, but she won't ever know what it'll be like to be 300+ pounds). I just need to be around people who know what I'm going through everyday and have a fair amount of weight to lose to reach their goal but are fighting for it everyday to make it a success.

As I told you I'm new to the online community, but I have created a blog to share the recipes I'm creating once a week. I only have a couple so far, but at least once a week there will be a new recipe for every. There you can also see my complete dieting story in the INTRODUCTION section as well as updates from my daily dieting adventures when I have the time to post in between my hectic work schedule.

I hope to hear from some of you and hope to make some new friends along this journey of mine. Thank you all for taking the time to get to know a little big about me and hope to hear from some of you soon. Also, check out my blog if you get the chance. Feel free to leave a comment and/or follow my blog. It would be greatly appreciated! Just copy and paste the link below my name!

Have a wonderful and safe day!

- Brandon Johnston

http://brandonsdiet.blogspot.com/

Replies

• pigmartianpig
    Options
    You can add me. I'm new to the online community. I was nervous about friending at first. I don't Facebook or any of that. But I have found this site to be a great help. I am not doing as we'll as I'd like but with the support of my new friends here I haven't given up after a week or two like n the past. The one thing I have learned so far is that we r all n this for the same reasons and all have good and bad days. You can do this for sure!
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Add me