NSV- Why the hell not me?

Options
I have lost 48 lbs. Every time I step on that scale I expect it to go up. I eat right, I exercise, oh and did I mention that I have lost 48 lbs. I am still fat. I have another 25 lbs to go.

The other day, I was dealing with the same attitude that I have had for the last 48 lbs, when I came across a thread on here where guys were showing their success. It motivated me. That day I went out to Red Robin with some guys from work, and I actually wanted to order the salad instead of the burger. Then it hit me. Why not me? I can be one of the success stories. I will be one of the success stories. It has been so nice believing that I can and that I will. So there you go, why the hell not me?

Replies

• jenborn0730
    Options
    Begin awesome frame of mind. Exactly! Why the hell not you?!?!?

The second your mind really believes your worth it and you want it - all the other things fall into place.

Best wishes to you.
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You absolutely can be a success story!!! Why the heck not, right??? You got this!!! :smile:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    what you've done so far is getting you there..stick with it..it will happen.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Cheers! Having hope for your health/appearance is an amazing feeling.
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Me too! I may be taking the long road, but in 2 years I'm hoping to be at my goal weight of 140! Keep up the positive attitude. That alone will motivate us!!
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    48 pounds?...WTG!..YOU ARE one of those ppl!...Great story. Great attitude. I wish you continued success with your journey!
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Even if you feel you're 'fat', try to come up with another term so you can save that little thing called self-esteem.

You're already a success. Anyone wanting to order salad is almost a martyr.

Enjoy the success. Sometimes it only takes changing one thing in your diet to get moving on to your next goal. Or even adding one exercise.

I've added swimming with my kids on Friday night. It's fun but exercise and it's working!

Keep at it.
  • dcoday25
    dcoday25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are one of those success stories! You have lost 48# ! Good for you. Here's to you for continued success!!
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You ARE already a SUCCESS story!!! You have done great and you WILL meet your goal. Good luck on the rest of your journey
  • rmarshalla
    rmarshalla Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude. I really needed to hear this tonight <3. Thank you!
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    thanks @rmarshalla
  • donaines
    donaines Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good for you! And if it helps, I would totally consider skiing a personal "NSV"---I've always been too scared I would break something! You have made significant progress. Cheers!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I read this story today about not being happy with your weight loss and it said to go to the store and put 48 lbs of potatoes in your cart and push it around. That will remind you of how far you have come. 48lbs is heavy! You have done amazing.

If you have plateued, switch up your workout. you are going to do this! You have a success story! 48lbs! holy crap thats awesome!
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you are doing great. continue on to your goal. you will do it. you are strong.
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Our minds are our own worse enemies. I love your attitude.
    And YES it can and will be you and it can and will be ME!
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. When you've been overweight, unfit and struggling with weight issues for many years you think you're just not meant to be one of the happy, sexy, healthy, energetic, slim people...but why the hell not indeed!!! Successful long-term weight loss and a healthy lifestyle requires this shift in mentality. You have to believe it's possible or you just become self-defeatest and we know from experience that that sucked!!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    48 pounds?...WTG!..YOU ARE one of those ppl!...Great story. Great attitude. I wish you continued success with your journey!
    This! Congrats!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have lost 48 lbs. Every time I step on that scale I expect it to go up. I eat right, I exercise, oh and did I mention that I have lost 48 lbs. I am still fat. I have another 25 lbs to go.

The other day, I was dealing with the same attitude that I have had for the last 48 lbs, when I came across a thread on here where guys were showing their success. It motivated me. That day I went out to Red Robin with some guys from work, and I actually wanted to order the salad instead of the burger. Then it hit me. Why not me? I can be one of the success stories. I will be one of the success stories. It has been so nice believing that I can and that I will. So there you go, why the hell not me?

I think you just sealed your fate as an MFP success. It is beyond important to beleive you can do a thing before you can actually do it. If you are the last person in the world who is under a rock and hasn't seen "the secret" watch it.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    thank you all!! you are awesome!
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Just reiterating in case you didn't get it the first dozen times.. You are a success! Keep believing in yourself, that is so important in everything in life, not just weight loss! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!