3rd round of P90X!

Options
ddavies919
ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
Hey everyone! So, last week was the start of round 3 of P90X for me; I'm doing doubles too so I'm also incorporating Insanity! Yeah, I'm crazy like that! I'm determined and focused like no other!

Stop on in and let me know what kind of workout you're doing! I love Beachbody products; they've helped me lose over 40lbs!!! I have never been in this good of shape in my life! No joke! This isn't a gimmic!

If you have questions, let me know and share your struggles and your progress!

Deb

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I am on week six , of my 3rd round, but modified to fit my lifestyle. I workout at lunch and don't have time to do Plyo or Kempo so I replace Plyo with HIIT, and Kempo with 5K runs.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    erickirb: Way to go! So, have you done any other programs with Beachbody?
  • erickirb
    Options
    Not yet, just the P90X, I have been doing 2 months of my own resistance workouts between rounds.
  • Kamila02
    Kamila02 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    WOW! You guys look great! Doesn't P90X take 1 1/2 hours a DAY? I just don't have a schedule that will work with that!!! I've been uninterested to do it as a result. But I'm bored with my video routine. It has gotten me AMAZING results, but my body is too used to it. I need to change things up a bit.

Can you tell me more about P90X? Can you modify it for 12 hour work days, a family, household? My video is literally 25 min a day.

Any suggestions?
  • erickirb
    Options
    WOW! You guys look great! Doesn't P90X take 1 1/2 hours a DAY? I just don't have a schedule that will work with that!!! I've been uninterested to do it as a result. But I'm bored with my video routine. It has gotten me AMAZING results, but my body is too used to it. I need to change things up a bit.

Can you tell me more about P90X? Can you modify it for 12 hour work days, a family, household? My video is literally 25 min a day.

Any suggestions?

Thank you. The workouts, other than yoga are about 55 min including warm up. I did my first round with the videos but changed my workout to lunch time. My warm up is done on my way to the gym, 5 minutes away, and I take smaller rests between exercises to fit them into 25 minutes, I don't follow the video, but do all of the exercises included.
  • lizmichele
    lizmichele Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Officially finished Phase 1! And I am heading to Mexico for a vacation tomorrow evening. I feel stronger and have improved all of my numbers for every workout. After I return I am going to kick it with Phase 2 and increase my diligence on the nutrition. I didn't see any weight loss, but that isn't keeping me down. I feel great after the workouts and know that I am getting stronger and healthier every day.

I will be gone for 6 days and my goal is to workout in the resort's gym, not go all crazy with food! Hoping to come back without any extra ground to make up.

Everyone on here keeps me motivated! See you upon my return! And keep up the great workouts.
  • ddavies919
    Options

Any suggestions?

Thank you for the nice compliments! Yes, the workouts are about 55 min long, except for yoga, but Tony himself said last weekend when I saw him; even if you only do 1 hour of yoga, that's fine. You can definately make P90X work for you and with your schedule; anything is possible!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    lizmichele: congrats to you girl!!! I bet you do feel great! Your body will only continue to get stronger and the third month is going to blow you away!!! So hold on for result city!

Have fun in Mexico; not too much, but have a blast! And keep up the good work! Keep us posted on your progress too! I'd love to hear how it's going for you!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Just restarted my 3rd round (bicep injury) on May 1st.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Just restarted my 3rd round (bicep injury) on May 1st.

Sorry to hear about your injury, glad you're back in the game! I love P90X! I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a 3rd round of Chalean Extreme or P90X, but after working out live with Tony Horton, my mind was made up! He's just amazing!!!! Keep bringing it!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing up week 2 of phase 2... I can't wait to see what the 90 days brings but I know that it will not be the end of P90X for me. I bought P270X (at least)...

Good luck to everyone and keep pushing play!

http://p90xtremetraining.blogspot.com/

Marge
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm still here, bringing it! Today was Shoulders & Arms & Ab Ripper X. I didn't have time today to do doubles and tomorrow is Yoga; I'm looking forward to it.

Glad to hear everyone is doing good, keep up the good work! I'm lifting heavy this time around, not scared of "bulking" up, but I want more results!!!

Keep pushing that play button everyday!

Deb
  • oaker
    oaker Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Just started week 11 of my 3rd round. Did 2 rounds last yr and then half of Insanity. Way too much Cardio in insanity for me, but still the toughest workouts I had ever done. Made plyo seem like a walk in the park. Anyhow, would like to hear how things go for you incorporating p90x with the insanity workouts. I tried a week or so of that and it was too much for me and I got burned out. Might try again after I complete this round. Keep us informed
  • albrittbrat
    Options
    P90X...where to begin. I am a skeptic by nature, but after seeing my uncle lose 35 lbs by mid round 1 phase 2, I was convinced. I start my first round of P90X on May 17, 2010 :)
  • ddavies919
    Options
    P90X...where to begin. I am a skeptic by nature, but after seeing my uncle lose 35 lbs by mid round 1 phase 2, I was convinced. I start my first round of P90X on May 17, 2010 :)

Way to go on taking the first step to getting into the BEST shape of your life!!! P90X will blow your mind and the results will amaze you! Let me know if you have questions when starting out!

Deb
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA guys. My uncle passes away last week, too quickly and I've just had to start week 2 over again due to being out of town. I am more focused than ever and I know that's what he would want. I need to keep pushing forward!

I see everyone is doing great and pushing play! Keep up the good work! I will keep you posted on my progress! Let's do this!!!

Deb