48 pounds later, my face is back!

Options
8436256755_896aced59e.jpg

All this time, I'd been looking at my body. I didn't realize until tonight that my face had changed! And even then, I didn't see it until people said something about the recent pic :bigsmile:

THIS is why I'm taking pics along the way!

Replies

• Dollymaker
    Dollymaker Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yay, good for you...getting brave MAY take pics but unsure yet. People like you are what's making me think I might. You look very pretty, you can still it's you but you look quite different and your artwork is appreciated, that's cool to look at the background and stuff. if you're artsy have you ever gone on polyvore?
  • GreekAmericanChrissy
    Options
    Beautiful transformation
  • mrsejennings
    mrsejennings Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great!! U look younger too!!!
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    LOVE!! Congrats!
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    8436256755_896aced59e.jpg

All this time, I'd been looking at my body. I didn't realize until tonight that my face had changed! And even then, I didn't see it until people said something about the recent pic :bigsmile:

THIS is why I'm taking pics along the way!

you look GREAT!!! how long have you been on it? and have you just followed the recommended calories from MFP? you've done so well... any other tips youve learned or tried?
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone!!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
    Yay, good for you...getting brave MAY take pics but unsure yet. People like you are what's making me think I might. You look very pretty, you can still it's you but you look quite different and your artwork is appreciated, that's cool to look at the background and stuff. if you're artsy have you ever gone on polyvore?

I almost didn't take pics. I didn't take my before body pic until I was about 5 pounds in and I really had to work myself up to it. The exercise of forcing myself to see my body actually helped me come to terms with myself (think "being fat doesn't define me, it's just where my body is right now"). And now I'm able to see my progress. So do it! :happy:

I'm a graphic designer, so I can't leave well enough alone :laugh:
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Big change! Beautiful! great work!!
  • postrockandcats
    Options
    you look GREAT!!! how long have you been on it? and have you just followed the recommended calories from MFP? you've done so well... any other tips youve learned or tried?

Thank you! I've been doing this since the middle of July 2012 :)

I follow MFP's caloric guidelines. I don't really pay attention to macros, I just try to keep a balance. I use a Fitbit, too. :)

Activity-wise, other than my gym time, I'm pretty much sitting down at the computer all the time. When I'm at the gym, I'm running (I used C25K) and heavy lifting.

I find that when I overthink things, I'm not as successful. I eat what I want in moderation, work out 3-4 days a week and don't worry about it so long as the scale and the measuring tape numbers are going in the right direction. But, that's me! I am lucky in that I don't have huge food issues other than portion control ("oh, THAT'S a cup??"). No binge eating/ purging/ trigger foods, so my struggle isn't as great as some.

So, be realistic, be kind to yourself and have a sense of humor. :)
  • tinatedsyd
    Options
    You look sooo different and younger too! I think it's a good idea to take pics along our wt loss journey. I need to start doing that too!

thanks for the suggestion:happy:
  • averyhadleigh
    averyhadleigh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic... and I love your viewpoint on losing weight! Such a great attitude!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look great, and younger too!
  • postrockandcats
    Options
    Thank you, everyone :)
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    oh wow ! you look like a modern day pin up girl! gorgeous lips and eyes! way to go!
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Looking gorgeous :)
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    wonderful! keep up the awesome work :)
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    you look beautiful! thinner AND younger :) keep it up!
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    Wow lookin awesome! Your skin tone has a healthier glow! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!