Tendonitis in the knees

Options
So.. I have tendonitis in my left knee.. being a nurse, i am on my feet at least 10 hours out of the day. Ive been to the doctor, Im taking my Advil/ Aleve/ ice packs, with some relief. What im curious is if any one knows any exercises that wont strain my knee to much? I took about a week off and felt terrible (i LOVE to work out and the endorphins it gives me) I did a slow spin on the recumbant cycle today at the gym with only a little irritation, but am looking for other alternatives :) thanks in advance!

molly

Replies

• MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    HI I AM ALSO A NURSE A WORK 12 HOURS SHIFT SO I FEEL U R PAIN. I HAVE OSTEOARTHRITIS IN BOTH KNEES, AND I ALSO TAKE IBUPROPHEN,. I STARTED USING THE Wii ACTIVE AND IT'S A GOO ALTERNATIVE, I'M SURE U CAN FIND A SET OF ROUTINES THAT WILL BURN CALORIES WITHOUT HURTING UR KNEES.:happy: GOOD LUCK LET ME KNOW HOW U DO.
  • care1221
    care1221 Posts: 27
    Options
    molly
    i am also a nurse and work 12hr midnights. i do alot of low impact cardio disco abs / jillian micheals 30day shred/ hip hop body shop
    have you tried glucosmine with condrointe and msm (triple strength)??? i use pill form it takes approx 2 weeks to get into your system( i bought mine at purtians pride.com) im not sure what exactly is wrong with my knees buts they grind and ache during and alot after i work out. i started taking this product and have noticed a huge differnece no more grinding and very little aches. ive been taking it 1 month now. just an idea let me know what u decide and if it helps??

care1221