Just needing some friends :)

Options
My name is Megan and I am 19 years old. I am 5'4 and 218lbs. I have been on MFP for over a year, but have had a lot of trouble sticking to it. I was pretty confident I could do this on my own, but have come to realize that perhaps it's easier if I have a support system behind me, and vice versa. The main reasons I want to get healthy are to just be healthy and live a long life. To hopefully get over how introverted I am and to finally make some friends, and to be able to look at myself in the mirror and not be ashamed, but happy at what I've accomplished. I am not shy about being helpful and support, so don't hesitate to ask anything!

Replies

• mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    you can add me we all are in the same boat and we all need support
  • wildnrebelious
    Options
    hello, my name is cindy and live in Bismarck, ND. I have just started this a week ago but I have been going to a gym called Crossfit and the people there are the best in the world. i am overweight and have a hard time loosing. I also need the support and if i can help you in anyway just let me know.:flowerforyou:
  • DoctorKhaleesi
    DoctorKhaleesi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I would love to :)
  • darling4658
    Options
    Hello :) My name is Clarissa. i'm 34 years young and like you, i want to lose weight to be healthy also to feel better about myself. I'm needing support as well, i've tried diet after diet, just seems like i can't follow through with it..lol Every little bit of encouragement really helps! I'm always here to talk :)
  • katmustbeskinny
    Options
    I need friends too. Feel free to add me. I accept anyone. :)
  • karabff
    Options
    Please feel free to add me we all need the encouragment
  • DoctorKhaleesi
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! Look forward to supporting everyone as much as I can and vice versa! I definitely think I can do it this time :)
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    add me by all means. i'm a couple years older (33) but i'm 5'5 and 216 so almost the same as you. i'm a month into a primal lifestyle that i hope i can stick with permanently so my food diary may look a bit odd, but any and all help and encouragement is welcome.
  • lemonfizzle
    lemonfizzle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I added you, I feel like the more healthy support the better.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, and have been trying to diet off and on for about 6 years, I've never been able to keep the motivation to keep at it long enough for results.
    We can do it!
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    im in need of some strawberries.. oops.. im a very chit chatty person. feel free to add me!
  • DoctorKhaleesi
    Options
    im in need of some strawberries.. oops.. im a very chit chatty person. feel free to add me!

*hands you some strawberries* I do not mind that at all!
  • DoctorKhaleesi
    Options
    add me by all means. i'm a couple years older (33) but i'm 5'5 and 216 so almost the same as you. i'm a month into a primal lifestyle that i hope i can stick with permanently so my food diary may look a bit odd, but any and all help and encouragement is welcome.

You can do it! Let nothing get in your way, and never give up :)
  • DoctorKhaleesi
    Options
    I'm 26, and have been trying to diet off and on for about 6 years, I've never been able to keep the motivation to keep at it long enough for results.
    We can do it!

I definitely know how you feel, but you are exactly right! We can do it, and we will do it :)
  • nins11065
    nins11065 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I would love to be your friend! I love meeting people and supporting each other. We can excahne thoughts, ideas or recepies. I am from Caracas, Venezuela and live in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
    I am extremly excited and committed to lose that extra weight and help anyone who needs it along the way!Nins
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm old but I'm fun! ;)
  • Rachaelleahjenkins
    Options
    Anyone can add me. I accept all requests(: Kind of new on here. I have used this for like almost 2 weeks. So feel free to add me. (:
  • koalajazzie88
    Options
    Hi Megan, I am right there with you and we all need support and encouragement. Some days are easy to stick to and some days I feel defeated and want to give up.Thank goodness everyday brings a new choice. I have lost weight (27lbs) so far but am finding it difficult to stick to an excercise program of any kind. I applaud you for tackling this at 19, I am 38 and really wish I had done this when I was your age! Anyway add me as well and lets support each other on this life-changing journey.
  • change786
    Options
    my biggest downfall is after 6pm when i come home from work. i can just go on and on eating. it is more like filling up the emptiness inside me rather than real hunger.
  • DoctorKhaleesi
    Options
    Thank you, everyone :) I wish I had done this a year a ago. I think I would have been in a much different place! Best of luck to everyone!
    Hi Megan, I am right there with you and we all need support and encouragement. Some days are easy to stick to and some days I feel defeated and want to give up.Thank goodness everyday brings a new choice. I have lost weight (27lbs) so far but am finding it difficult to stick to an exercise program of any kind. I applaud you for tackling this at 19, I am 38 and really wish I had done this when I was your age! Anyway add me as well and lets support each other on this life-changing journey.

Thank you! Don't worry, you will find one. I have also struggled to find one. We can do it, though, mustn't give up! I wish you the best of luck!
    May I just say I love you username. Koalas are my favorite animal!