I seriously just ate...

Options
Oh No! i feel horrible!! I got caught up watching the hockey game and ended up eating half a medium vegi pizza!!!! I feel horrible!!!! Anyone else binge like this before? What did you do??!!

Replies

• jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    forgive yourself. :smile:

As Rafiki said in The Lion King "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"

This is a new moment. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • kmk_natasha
    Options
    Feel horrible, but work out twice as hard the next day. Also, try not to eat while watching TV.
  • jenbrenica
    Options
    I just ate Chips, Steak and kidney pie and chocolates yesterday, I felt guilty but I just worked out and move on. Forget about it:)
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    we all do it just be honest with your self log it work a little harder tomorrow and move on.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I was just at Boston Pizza and ate 1234 calories in 1/2 an hour and now I am over my caloreis for the day by 647. OOPS! oh well will have to do more water boxing this week...
  • littlebre33
    Options
    how would i log this in my diary?? It's a small chain and I can't find the nutritional value.
  • AnnieLMurphy
    Options
    Its okay, ive been eating bad all :( ive had the flu for the past week and just got my apitie back and ive pretty much been eating all day. you just got to log it the best you can like what was on the pizza. i logged everything today the best i could. but tomorrow is a new day and im going to start it with a smile on my face and go for a morning jog.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    how would i log this in my diary?? It's a small chain and I can't find the nutritional value.

I just use the information from a large chain that has a similar pizza available. It's not a perfect solution, but it will give you some guidelines.
  • Yeterday I ate 150g of chocolate
    2 snack packets of cheese and bacon balls
    125g of twin cherry lollies from aldi.

Ah well, today is a new day and I'm back on the horse.
  • garystidham1
    garystidham1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i made home made ice cream and ate it all but at least i made it with almond milk and truva baking blend so it is not as bad as it could have been so 1 day a week at 2300c and the rest below 1400 makes it better
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    1. don't feel guilty. don't give food that power over you

2. log it as some other pizza chain's pizza if you can't find the exact info from that restaurant (same kind/size of pizza)

3. half a pizza is not a binge. it's overeating if it's going to take you over your calories/macros, but it's not a binge

4. don't feel guilty

5. don't give up, just get right back on with good nutrition like the pizza overeating incident didn't happen. People screw up not because they overate, but because they give up after they overate and go and stuff their face with much worse things because they feel like one overeating incident = fell of their diet, and so they'll carry on overeating because they failed. Whereas if they just forgave themselves and stuck with the programme, the overeating calories wouldn't actually make a noticable difference in the long term.

6. don't feel guilty there's no capital punishment for eating half a pizza
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    It's over. Don't worry about it. I've binged on a pint of icecream, a bag of chocolate chips, half a bag of Lindt truffles, couple bags of gummies and a bowl of guac with chips. Half a pizza is probably just putting you a bit over. Just move on and don't do that everyday.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options

I just use the information from a large chain that has a similar pizza available. It's not a perfect solution, but it will give you some guidelines.

Yes, do this. perhaps quick add 100 extra calories just in case.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    why beat yourself up? it happened, but you weren't feeling bad when it happened right? just shrug it off and keep going.
  • EdwarddeVere
    Options
    shock and awe!
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Ive had 2 serious blow out days in the past 2 weeks and still lost weight.

Were not rabbits. Indulge. Just don't over do it.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    It really shouldn't matter that much. You won't gain weight from one bad day. But if you feel like you need to "fix it", sometimes this helps me get back on track:

1. Tally up the calories the pizza was

2. Divide that number by 6

3. Eat that number less than your daily goal (unless you're at 1200) over the next 6 days.

Because it's not what you eat in a day that matters, it matters more what you eat over the course of a week or two. This way you'll feel like you are doing something about the binge, and you won't have to deal with the unnecessary guilt that I know all-too-well comes with it!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

^^That's what I do as well. It's about as close as you're going to get to it.

Also, don't feel terrible. We all have those moments where we slip up and eat way more than we should. You just have to take a deep breath and shake it off, log it, work it off the next day, realize this won't completely destroy all of your progress, and not let it become a regular occurrence. :smile:
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I ate a box of Milk Duds late Wed night. I bought it telling myself I'd eat "one serving" (1/4 of the box) while I watched a movie and that it would fit in my calories. That was a fail, but I was back on board the next day. I actually added the extra calories to Thursday (was a middle of the night thing), so I had to work a little harder that day and I felt caught up.

It happens, at least you got some veggies on that pizza. :)
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Same here on my last night - was at my folks for dinner and went way overboard (mostly on cookies and ice cream) I just did a big quick add of calories for the meal and today will move forward... for me it's less about the one meal then it is the ones that follow -
    Sometimes a workout next day can feel like a good detox.

This is your life, and unless you're extremely ascetic, there will be other nights, but if you're generally healthy it will mean much less...

This is what I tell myself anyway!