Bump!
  • bigjretrac
    bigjretrac Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Gotta try this!
  • IronGirlShae
    IronGirlShae Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This sounds AMAZING! I just bought some more frozen blueberries and yogurt. If my eggs are still fresh I think this will be breakfast tomorrow!
  • teresa_c
    Options
    I remember making something similar years ago but I think it had cottage cheese in it...I want to try this recipe - I just love pancakes and oatmeal, too, so I bet I will like them!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    They sound fab! Xx
  • MrsLg
    MrsLg Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Did anyone work out the calories?
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I made these yesterday and they turned out kind of bland, but I did not have pumpkin. I used cinnamon and vanilla. They had an odd'ish texture, which is to be expected. Also, I blended it in my Vitamix, which was probably overkill, and it ended up being two medium pancakes, which I topped with a blackberry-raspberry compote. Come to think of it, I coated the pan with that butter spray, so maybe that's what affected the texture.

That being said, this recipe could be a base for something very tasty and healthy. For anyone who ever skis Windham or Hunter NY, there's a Country Store that makes Oatmeal Cottage Cheese pancakes. I believe this could be used for that base.

So, it served its purpose which was to fulfill my dietary needs, but I would work on jazzing it up. Also, I think the pumpkin addition would probably taste better. I'm looking forward to playing around with this!
  • jetaylor63
    jetaylor63 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    this does sound interesting
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i made a very similar pancake today for the 1st time but i added protein powder to mine. 1/2 scoop powder, 1/3 cups oats, 2 egg whites and 1/2 tsp cocoa powder. they were ok i found them a bit dry...... i think i like the idea to make a peanut butter sandwich out of them..yumm
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Bump!