Healthy Appetizers for Super Bowl

Options
Hello! I am hosting a small get together at my house and would love some ideas for some healthy appetizers for the Super Bowl.

Any one have any favorites? Must-haves? You-gotta-try-this?

Thank you!

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    my 2 favorite websites that I use a lot are Emilybites.com and canyoustayfordinner.com ....
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm making spinach artichoke dip but with reduced fat sour cream, light mayo, and light cream cheese. I'm also serving a big veggie tray with hummus, and sausage puffs but using turkey sausage. I'm not telling anyone everything is "lite" though.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm making spinach artichoke dip but with reduced fat sour cream, light mayo, and light cream cheese. I'm also serving a big veggie tray with hummus, and sausage puffs but using turkey sausage. I'm not telling anyone everything is "lite" though.

Good call. People get weird about that kind of thing. I'm going to moderately stuff my face, drink, and play board games with my husband and mother-in-law. I can't wait!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    bumping for a later read ...... hubby's making Buffalo wings :sad:
  • marqcutie80
    marqcutie80 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This one is from the Hungry Girl Website:

BLT Wonton Crunchies

PER SERVING (1/6th of recipe, 2 filled wontons): 93 calories, 3g fat, 435mg sodium, 12g carbs, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, 3.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 2*

Prep:
    10 minutes

Cook:
    20 minutes

Ingredients

6 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
    12 small square wonton wrappers (stocked with tofu in the refrigerated section of the market)
    1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
    3 tbsp. Hellmann's/Best Foods Dijonnaise (or another mild creamy Dijon mustard)
    Dash each garlic powder, salt, and black pepper
    3 large plum tomatoes, chopped
    2 cups finely chopped romaine or iceberg lettuce

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add bacon and cook until crispy, about 4 minutes per side. Set aside to drain and cool on paper towels.

Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray. Place each wonton wrapper into a cup of the muffin pan, and press it into the bottom and sides. Lightly spray the wrappers with nonstick spray.

Bake in the oven until light golden brown, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.

In a large bowl, combine mayo, Dijonnaise, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Add chopped tomatoes and lettuce. Finely chop bacon and add about 3/4ths to the bowl; reserve the rest for topping. Gently stir until uniform. Set aside.

Transfer the cooled wonton shells to a plate. Evenly distribute the mixture among the shells, about 3 tbsp. per shell. Evenly top with remaining bacon. Serve immediately!

MAKES 6 SERVINGS
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com has TONS of great recipes for Super Bowl and beyond. I use that website 3-4 times per week.

I'm making Low-Fat Baked Jalapeño Poppers for sure.
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hc83
    hc83 Posts: 23
    Options
    Apple Nachos.. manifestvegan.com
  • graced111
    graced111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com has TONS of great recipes for Super Bowl and beyond. I use that website 3-4 times per week.

I'm making Low-Fat Baked Jalapeño Poppers for sure.

LOVE skinnytaste! Those poppers look SOOO good!
  • seventeendayer
    seventeendayer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This was posted on my Facebook today by The yummy Life - healthy snacks for the Super Bowl:

http://www.theyummylife.com/Healthy_Party_Dips
  • sassycupcakecutie
    Options
    Saving for later.
  • jessupdk
    jessupdk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    what is the significance of saying "bump"? Somewhat new and confused. lol