50+ pounds gone

Options
tirola
tirola Posts: 74 Member
This has been a long up and down journey for me so far. A few years ago I got serious with my desire to get healthy and lost some weight. Life got in the way and I let it derail me and gained some of it back. A few months ago I got fed up with my clothes not fitting well and decided it was time to make my health a priority again! Anyway, long story short, I am now 50+ pounds down! I say 50+, simply because I'm not sure what my highest weight really was. I was firmly in denial! My highest recorded weight was 247 (and I'm only 5'3 which makes it that much worse!) so that's what I go by.

I had no intention of posting pictures here, simply because I'm not done with my journey yet. However, I was going through some old pictures and stumbled across the picture that made me realize I need to make a change. I don't remember exactly when this was taken but I do remember my friend emailing it to me and my jaw hitting the floor because I hadn't realized (or let myself acknowledge) just how big I had gotten. This was a wake up call! I'm guessing I was somewhere around 250 lbs in this picture.

P6260048.jpg

After some ups and downs, here I am today at 194 lbs

2090410d-392c-430d-8d27-2fbf83fb4eeb.jpg

68e108fc-d4ed-4114-ad6f-df059cc8b0cc.jpg

Still have a ways to go but I'm confident I'll make it :)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!