February Walking Challenge

Options
This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but its nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time, the more the merrier, lets keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise everyday, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. treadmills and ellipticals are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge, we'll start tracking February 1st

Replies

• spartania
    Options
    Great, totally in! I love walking.
  • nomorepud
    Options
    I love my walking, usually do about 38-40 km per week, try and vary this over flat terrain and hills. Today did 7K, with a stop for coffee and catch up with friends. So walking always seems fun. Good luck everyone.
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I would love to Join...
  • wbatten2
    wbatten2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I just joined. I will start walking daily as well. This is a great place!
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Im in. 50 mins today. 2.5 miles. to playgroup and back lol
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I walk nearly everyday. I use endomondo on my cell phone to track time and distance. I'm in.
  • daveinlancs
    daveinlancs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Here we go again:

Monthly total 4.60 miles
    01/02 - 4.60
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    2.56 miles
    42:28 minutes
    301 calories
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Do Walking Videos Count
  • Drop252013
    Options
    I am totally in. I LOVE to go for a walk. When do we start and where do we meet?
  • alderman59
    alderman59 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This will be good since I need to be accountable. Too easy for me to talk myself out of it after a hard day of work. It does make a huge difference for me in losing weight to walk since I sit at a desk or in meetings about 80% of my time.
  • smexime
    smexime Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i love walking, especially with my dog.
    3.5 miles- 60 minutes
    :)
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Walking is my favorite because it gets me outside to enjoy the natural world
  • macekdkm
    Options
    3.5 on elliptical
    1.0 on treadmill

:flowerforyou:
  • javajudi77
    Options
    I'm in. I could use the accountability. Thanks for setting it up.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I'm in

Feb 1 - 4.8 miles
  • karak1976
    Options
    2.0 miles roughly :)
  • Tymeshia
    Tymeshia Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    2/1-4 miles
  • Jaclyngfc
    Jaclyngfc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in, though I'll be starting tomorrow. Can totally use the accountability to get started exercising. I'm also going to put little stars on my calendar every day I go for a walk. Perhaps I'll treat myself to something if I get one on at least 3/4 of the days.
  • teddyola
    Options
    2 miles