A small thing that was big to me!

Options
caramel827
caramel827 Posts: 163 Member
So I am fighting the weight loss war again after losing 80 pounds in 1999. It slowly returned. Well, I have been at it for about a month. Not yet feeling the big thrill of too big clothing....today I almost flaked out on going to the gym despite my consistency the past month. Then ...it happened.

Someone said "You look like you are losing weight!"" HOORAY! I got my pep back in my step!!!

A small joy but it was big for me!

Glad to have my MFPs to share it with!

Monica

Replies

• TJ26
    TJ26 Posts: 35
    Options
    Congrats!
  • candicecumbie
    Options
    Congratulations! It always helps for someone else to notice.
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    its not a small thing at all. It just goes to show that all your hard work and effort is being recognised by the people around you.

Ive yet to receive a comment like that but I know that if/when I do I will probably be more than over the moon!

Congrats. keep up the good work =D
  • emilymorene
    emilymorene Posts: 56
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yay! It always helps when other people finally notice! :flowerforyou:
  • RhondaCrombie
    RhondaCrombie Posts: 292
    Options
    Awww! I think it is a BIG thing, too! Those words from others always help me keep going, too!
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    Awesome!!! It helps to hear it from people who you know have no stake in saying it...I love my husband's comments, but I always feel he's somehow obligated to say I look good to him. Congratulations!
  • tammydeer
    tammydeer Posts: 1
    Options
    Congrats!! I too lost 80lbs in 1997..but gained it back, i could give you my top 10 reasons for putting it back on but i wont...bottom line is its back, and then some. anyways i have lost 38 lbs since febuary 22 (still have about 80 more to lose). It's been a big thing to me too when i hear people comment about my weight loss....and now that some of my clothes are too big that is the best feeling!!...i know i can do it...you can do it...WE can all do it!!:happy:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Yep!!! Someone giving you a compliment will work every time

Keep up the good work!!!!

My family has big arms....along with everything else...lol

But our arms are usually very big....and I thought my arms looked liked they were slimming down....but I didnt think much about it until my husband said it to me....then I was Like yeah....they are arent they

So I know how you feel

Awesome work!!!!!
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    The smallest words of encouragement means the most

B
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    Congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • NaturalMom
    NaturalMom Posts: 85
    Options
    Woo hoo! I bet that felt great!!!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • caramel827
    caramel827 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Another thing that keeps me motivated is MFPs!!! :) THANK YOU!!!
  • cildawg1
    cildawg1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Congratulations to you!!!

I know how you feel. After about three months (and I was losing slowly because I don't exercise nearly enough) someone said to me, "Cil, I think you're losing weight. I can see it in your face." Well that remark helped me so much because the weight that I carry in my face bothers me a lot. I figure I can cover up the body with flowing clothes, but the fat in the face can't be hidden. So that remark kept me on my plan.

When I finally get my body down a little bit more, I'm going to try to wear something that's a little fitted and see if someone notices.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!