coffee slushie

Options
palbiniak
palbiniak Posts: 8 Member
I just made this for an afternoon snack using this morning's leftover coffee -- you could use decaf if you are trying to be really pure. It's delish, less than 100 calories and only 1 G of sugar, depending on the protein powder you use.

Put about 16 oz of ice in blender. Add one scoop of vanilla protein powder, one packet of Truvia (or Splenda or Stevia - you get the gist), and one c. or so of coffee. For some added nutritional punch, I also added 1 t of ground flax seed and 1 t of psyllium seed. Blend and drink up. Yummy, filling and calorically cheap!

Replies

• TJ26
    TJ26 Posts: 35
    Options
    Yum! The healthy ice-cap..haha
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I always blend my protein powder with leftover coffee! As long as there's leftover coffee. DH works from home, and two teenagers drink a cup every morning, so I only get leftovers if a second pot gets made during the day.
  • AngieWilley
    Options
    mmmmm that sounds yummy!! Thanks for the idea! I work in a coffee shop as the bakery manager and it's so hard to resist the smoothies and iced coffees that they make up front. Now I can make one of my own and not feel so bad!!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    yum! Thanks!