Does anyone else really struggle fri-sun?

Options
I am really good with my eating habits mon-fri but as soon as it comes to fri evening i go off the rails!!

last night i munched on sweets and chocolate.....i wouldn't have done that mon-thurs!!!

Last weekend, i had an indian sat night. I am going out tonight so instead of the sweets/chocolate around me, i'll have alcohol around me!!!

I have lost 2 IBS as well so hope i didnt ruin it all last night!!! However, i woke up this morning starving...! Have already done 30 day shred this morn and had healthy scrambled eggs for breakfast so hopefully can keep on track!!! however i will have to have some alcohol tonight as out celebrating with friends!!

Replies

• misssmarita
    Options
    Treating yourself to something like this once or twice a week is perfectly alright, as long as you don't overdo it. What you could do is add an extra big workout for those days where you know you're gonna treat yourself, or tweak your exercise routine to burn 100 - 200 calories more every day, so you'll still have an alright weekly total. Another tip to avoid frustration at weigh-in: don't eat anything high in sodium the night before the morning of a way in, as the water retention that will cause can really put a dent in your weight loss for the week.

GOOD LUCK!
  • KayteeB07
    Options
    completely agree
    i really struggle on the weekends as im not at college and its so tempting.
    Ive found i can treat myself guilt free (not going mad) as long as i save a few calories on the days of the week.
    x
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I definitely treat myself on the weekends...just not as much as I did before! Last weekend we had pizza Saturday night and a layered mexican dip. Oh and red wine. BUT, I kept my portions down on the pizza and loaded it up with veggies. I made the mexican dip with low fat greek yogurt instead of sour cream and dipped celery sticks rather than tortilla chips. I make small changes. Sunday is a hard day for me....hubby wants a Sunday roast every weekend. That includes roasted potatoes, gravy, yorkshire puddings. So....I skip the roasted taters myself and boil up some new potato for myself. I only use gravy on my meat, so just a bit, and eat half of a yorkshire pudding. I completely load up my plate with steamed or roasted veggies, add a smaller serving of meat and I eat the whole thing. Yes, I'm eating more than I normally do during the week, but its far less than I used to eat on Sundays...probably half the calories that I used to consume. And I don't feel guilty at all on the weekends :)
  • shella_bella
    Options
    Yep, Saturday & Sunday is usually complete **** for me. All I want to do is lay in bed all day & eat.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Weekends are naturally harder - most of us don't have as strict of schedule plus there are always extra temptations. If right now you feel it is 3 days that you struggle, maybe start by trying to get that down to 2, and eventually down to 1. Another option, or in addition you can lower your calories by 100 a day for mon-thurs and that will give you a bit of a cushion so your weekend doesn't hurt so bad. :) As already suggested, maybe weekends are spurge on eating/drinking days, but they can also be 'splurge' on exercise days... try to get as much extra burn as you can.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Nope. I work those days and have Mon/Tues off.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think it's pretty common - For me mostly when I am in social situations, exposed to tempting foods - or there's a tendency to feel like if you work out hard that you "deserve" a treat. I think all of this is fine as long as you don't get too derailed and have some "return" mechanism. Sometimes I am very careful in these situations other times not.

You are not alone :)
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    It's ok to have a small treat..just because your routine changes mean your eating has to..try and get the " it's the weekend and I'll sit and eat " mentality out of your head.
    :smile:
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am really good with my eating habits mon-fri but as soon as it comes to fri evening i go off the rails!!

last night i munched on sweets and chocolate.....i wouldn't have done that mon-thurs!!!

Last weekend, i had an indian sat night. I am going out tonight so instead of the sweets/chocolate around me, i'll have alcohol around me!!!

I have lost 2 IBS as well so hope i didnt ruin it all last night!!! However, i woke up this morning starving...! Have already done 30 day shred this morn and had healthy scrambled eggs for breakfast so hopefully can keep on track!!! however i will have to have some alcohol tonight as out celebrating with friends!!

For me it's a lack of routine at weekends that caused me problems! I have to structure my eating plans for the weekend. I keep to the same regimen of eat breakfast, have a snack at about 10-11, eat lunch at 12-1 eat snack at about 3-4 and then have tea at about 5-6 and I'm usually just fine like that! :)
  • NatWillBeSkinny
    NatWillBeSkinny Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i hate weekends im awful for going off the rails :( and sometimes i even end up completely not doing a diet anymore because of the weekends! im trying to get past this tho and stick to my diet and say no to alcohol and takeaways ect, hard but im gettin there lol
  • dollymixture778
    dollymixture778 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have that problem, not just eating, but all the walking I do in the week such as to and from the station etc.
  • lollilady
    lollilady Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    most definitely i have the structure of working all week plus all the exercise i get walking up and down everywhere that stops on fri night then everything goes out the window till monday morning i work in a school so school holidays are the worst
  • martinh78
    Options
    Whilst having a little of what you fancy isn't a bad thing in a sustainable diet, if you don't have stuff such as chocolates in the house you won't be able to eat them, try having an apple instead if you get a sugar craving.

Why not make your own pizza on the weekend? It is something that you can look forward to doing? I make a tomato sauce with garlic and spinnach blended in. Then light on the cheese, plenty of tuna, sweetcorn, mushrooms. Nice thin base.

I like doing this, you get to choose what you fancy and measure it out to a sensible size/toppings.
  • Shen191
    Shen191 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am the same....loads of people are. I pretty much just regain the weight each weekend and attempt to loose each weekdays :/ does my head in!! :(
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have had few alcohol and chocolate dinners. Just try not to go over calorie limit, or too far over it (less than 1000 over). Going over a little once or twice a week is not bad so long as the for the entire week-more calories burned then consumed for the 7 day period. I consider "blowing the diet" when you really go over-like eating a cheescake factory dinner, desert and drinks for 3000 calories at one sitting.

• Ih8thedreadmill
    Ih8thedreadmill Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I hate weekends!!! We are always going to friends houses, and parents etc.....IMPOSSIBLE to A) figure out the calories B) resist all the sinful delights! Like Sunday, I look at my wife last night and said "what the h**l am i going to do Sunday? (Superbowl Sunday) just add 4000 calories for dinner!" I will try to behave, but there's no doubt i will fail! So starve myself today, and bust my a** and hope i don't blow 2 weeks of work in 1 day!
  • martinh78
    Options
    I pretty much just regain the weight each weekend and attempt to loose each weekdays :/

does my head in!! :(

Change it then! If it really "does your head in" that much why not change it?

Maybe ask why you crave chocolates or cakes or whatever, and why you binge on them at the weekend?

People say at work it's easy because of their routine. Why not stick to the same routine at the weekend - eat at the same times/same sorts of meals you would during the week?

Not sure I understand why the weekend has to be so different (apart from the social aspect of an evening out of course). If you don't sit and eat a whole box of chocolates during the week nights, why on a weekend?

I'm curious to understand this.
  • dreamingof_thin
    Options
    ALWAYS. Monday - Friday I'm at school, so it's very easy to control what I eat, but as soon as I get home at the weekends, I tend to go crazy and just e a t. I hate it!
  • Scottish_Lass
    Options
    Hahaha it would if I let it! I tend to work during the day at weekends, but the evenings are killer, especially since I live alone and get quite bored.

However I schedule my weekly weigh-ins on a Sunday morning to keep myself in check and it seems to work wonders!

It takes a lot of discipline, but I firmly believe that you can make it through the weekend if you really really really really set your mind to it. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Ih8thedreadmill
    Ih8thedreadmill Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I pretty much just regain the weight each weekend and attempt to loose each weekdays :/

does my head in!! :(

Change it then! If it really "does your head in" that much why not change it?

Maybe ask why you crave chocolates or cakes or whatever, and why you binge on them at the weekend?

People say at work it's easy because of their routine. Why not stick to the same routine at the weekend - eat at the same times/same sorts of meals you would during the week?

Not sure I understand why the weekend has to be so different (apart from the social aspect of an evening out of course). If you don't sit and eat a whole box of chocolates during the week nights, why on a weekend?

I'm curious to understand this.

For me it is the social aspect....And when the weather is crappy, sitting around the house bored = constant starvation (or at least my mind thinks so) so lots of snacking (or struggling not to)!.