Do people forget...

Options
That we're human and all different? I had a thought today after talking to someone about their diet (she said she's eating 900 calories a day 0_o) and I think that people honestly forget we're human, we're going to eat stuff that tastes good, but might not be good for us. We're also never going to be the person who has a better body than we do, don't use people who are in great physical shape to compare yourself, use them as inspriation.

And be happy being you, because that's what will out shine any great body. I love my body, including the things that still roll when I sit down, the cellulite I have from having babies, the inch you can pinch and my inner thighs that rub together when I walk. Strive to be a better version of you ~ not a carbon copy of someone else!!! :)

Replies

• AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Very good point. I have come to the conclusion that even when I finally reach my goal there will still be things I won't be happy with and want to change, but the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence. That person who you view as having the perfect body, is staring at someone else thinking the exact same thing and envying them. It's a vicious cycle that needs to be stopped. I'm all for making progress towards and healthier and happier lifestyle, but do it because you want to find and/or create a better version of yourself and not because you want to be like someone else.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I agree. If you dont luv yourself fast, you prolly won't luv yourself thin. You'll never be good enough. I luv myself at any size but I would prefer to luv less of me :laugh:
  • misssmarita
    Options
    I completely agree. I'm starting to think of my body as strong rather than weak: it put up with all the crap I did to it the first 22 years of my life, and it survived. I'm not damaged goods; I'm a fighter :)
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My goal is to have a body close to the body I had when I was 25. I know it's not going to happen as I'm over double that age but barring wear, tear, and years I'm thinking I can probably get close. Good luck to all of us.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with OP.

And the "end goal" is just that - there's a whole lot of life that's going to happen between now and then, so be happy during those times too.

And when you get there, there will be new targets and goals.

And I should stop starting sentences with "and."