Not sure if I'm mad sad or frustrated

Options
Not happy. 1.2 gain. This is the fourth week in a row with no weight loss. last 3 no loss or gain. 4 weeks ago stepped up my workout , 2 weeks ago I up'd my calories to 1400 net. 1 weeks added 2 tablespoons coconut oil ( recommended for hypothyroidism). Not sure if im mad or sad.... Took measurements looking for something . no change.
Diary is open. I am Lacto Oveo Vegetairan,no meat, or dairy products other than eggs

Replies

• vthuman
    vthuman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. Really. Several years ago I'd increased my exercise and kept cal. fairly low - thought I'd really make some gains - I gained 4 lbs that week. Totally depressing. A year or so ago I tried close to 1000 cal per day and exercise every day - lost 2 lbs for an entire months effort. I might suggest changing your diet plan every 2 weeks. A little more... then a little less.... 1) It helps with short term goals. 2) I think it helps your body from getting into a 'rut' as far as metabolism, weight, and exercise. When I start exercising but weight often goes up - or I struggle for a while. I told my husband this morning, "My fat really likes me - doesn't want to leave me no matter what I do." Hang it there. You're not alone.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    My thought is that you are still not eating enough , your body has caught on to your ways and is refusing to budge, especially if you are working out hard, doing lots of cardio or lifting weights. Please read this :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Understand perfectly. I think I am all three too! Part of it is my own fault, but in the last month I've stepped up my workouts and have been counting calories again. No movement. I have actually gained and it's very frustrating. I'm not sure if it's because I'm closer to my goal weight that my body needs more intensity to change. But if I step up my workouts I'm hungry, and I can't reduce my calorie intake or I can't do workouts and I feel like ****. It's like I'm in a Catch 22.
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I helps that other people are in the same boat. we need to pick each other up. Im not goignto let ths get to me ( repeat, repeat)

tabinmaine. I saved that link to read after I get back from my sons sports. I get very confused when I read about TDEE. I have hypothyroidism and my metabolism doesnt work as well or as it should . I guess I just have to do trial and error with the right number of calories
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I think you should go the TDEE route. Looking at your diary, your calories are low. If I am working out really hard, I should eat 1900 calories to lose weight. I am 5'5 and 150 pounds.

I use this http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

1200 would work better if you were not working out. I work out 5 to 6 days a week and I would not be able to maintain 1200 calories, I get mean when I am hungry.

You can do this, be patient.
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I just went through this. I have been tracking and exercising and doing what I thought was everything right. Then I read a post about sodium so I went and checked my levels and OMG they were thru the roof! That day I cut out as much as possible and was down 3 pounds and 2.5 inches between my waist, chest and thighs. As of 1 week I am down 4 pounds and have not seen a rise on the scale. (been checking everyday to make sure my little experiment was working! LOL) So, maybe check your sodium levels. I really think it not only holds water but holds the fat too!
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I would say don't focus so much on the number on the scales.

Its what has lead to my downfalls in the past. Sadly, I am too competitive and no matter what I did, my body just didn't want to play along.

What I didn't rate highly enough and focus on is how much my body was changing (for the better), how much stronger and fitter I felt, how loose my clothes were on me, had better quality sleep ... I could go on!

So this time around, I am not weighing, just measuring with a tape and I am seeing results! ...And I am not getting stressed about the normal but irritating fluctuations on the scales.

The only other thing I would say is probably eat more, cut down on your sodium, drinks loads of water and be patient.

Don't give up and keep going!!
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    OMG, I just changed my setting and added soium. 2688 for the day. My home made no oil , no sugra no additives saled dressing is 1200 in sodium. OH thank you all. I have hope next week is going to be much better. you gave me the strength to oush through!!