Good Lord keep me out of the breakroom!

Options
I have the munchies and I am waiting for lunch, I do not NORMALLY have this problem, But I went to get my Morning fruit, and there where none.
(I will eat my apple at lunch.) BUT RIGHT NOW I AM LOOKING AT THE GOODIES IN THE BREAK ROOM and it is about KILLING ME!!!
:sad: I LIKE A COOKIE..... :frown:
--Diann...

Replies

• diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have the munchies and I am waiting for lunch, I do not NORMALLY have this problem, But I went to get my Morning fruit, and there where none.
    (I will eat my apple at lunch.) BUT RIGHT NOW I AM LOOKING AT THE GOODIES IN THE BREAK ROOM and it is about KILLING ME!!!
    :sad: I LIKE A COOKIE..... :frown:
    --Diann...
  • dawnwags
    Options
    this is all the cookie u need ...............dont think about it think ocean ................sun wind
  • diannholland1965
    Options
    Nothing tastes and good as thin feels.
    Oooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Bow of boat, Sun Warm, Ocean Waves,
    Oooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • diannholland1965
    Options
    BTW Dawn, I LOVE the COOKIE MONSTER pic. THAT ROCKS.
    --Diann...
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Diann, YOU CAN RESIST... Drink a big glass of water and chew on a piece of sugar free gum. I love your chant. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. It's Friday and you have conquered it. Walk away and think about your boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm pulling for you.

xoxo
    Katie
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same problem! The holiday goodies are already in my office! Chocolate, candies, homemade fudge that weighs 10 lbs! I walk by it constantly and have managed to avoid it so far...and now most of it has been eaten by my co workers. Thank goodness! I have a challenge for everyone...avoid all of the goodies that we don't intend to already have at the beginning of the day that are brought into work/given to us throughout the holidays. Can you do it? I'm going to try as hard as I can!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    oh man...I am dreading the holidays....it takes everything in my power now to resist! Are we going to make it????!!!!! You can't hide from everyone and everything at the holidays...this will be a test beyond all.....
  • EricaLynn
    Options
    Lol I work at a bakery, its like torture ... sometimes its like you just cant resist lol
  • filergirl
    Options
    The goodies in my office get plopped on the counter next to the printer, which is RIGHT ACROSS FROM MY OFFICE.

My new tactic is holistic: I don't eat *any.* Not one bite. That's not to say I don't have small treats of my own, but I make it a rule to never eat work food. It was tough for the first couple weeks, and now I find I just ignore it out of habit.

Anything can become a habit -- thank goodness for that!
  • jdaniels
    Options
    I keep gum in my desk draw get something like cinnamon so nothing really tastes good if you try and it it.
    Christmas goodies have started to come in at my work also. I am the receptionist and it all gets put right in front of me. I just close my eyes and theink about my cruise in June. I don't want to walk around the boat weighing 200lbs!!!!!
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have started taking the direct route and (politely) asking people not to put such items (candy, cookies etc) near me. Initially I was afraid people would give me funny looks and such but so far everyone has been encouraging. I have even recieved comments about my "willpower". :blushing: Chewing gum also helps me. It keeps my mouth and mind very busy.
  • filergirl
    Options
    I suppose I could ask for a temporary reprieve, but I'd then have to quit baking goodies and feeding them to others around the office. :( I'm such a hypocrite!

Granted, I bake fairly healthily, and I'm ready to tell anyone who wants to know just how many calories in that cookie or slice of banana bread.
  • deanea
    Options
    I suppose I could ask for a temporary reprieve, but I'd then have to quit baking goodies and feeding them to others around the office. :( I'm such a hypocrite!

Granted, I bake fairly healthily, and I'm ready to tell anyone who wants to know just how many calories in that cookie or slice of banana bread.

I know....I made some low fat, low cal pumpkin pie yesterday, no sugar, skim milk, mostly sqaush, almost flourless crust, and you should still see the calories....it's crazy! baking just IS high density/high carorie food even if you cut most of the yummies out of it!
  • diannholland1965
    Options
    Thanks everyone. You are a big help, I did a good job. I stayed out of the breakroom went to lunch and got a couple of apples to bring back to the office.
    NORMALLY there is fruit in the breakroom.
    (When you work with Healthcare people...That is par for the course.)
    But when I went back there for my 10:00 apple instead of the fruit that NORMALLY greats me there was... An empty basket.
    And a bunch of candy and trail mix was left.
    I drank a lot of water, and that seemed to help a little.
    I was also out of gum which is a trick I use all of the time...
    When I came back from lunch, there where 4 apples sitting on my desk. :blushing:
    Thank all of you for the help, and have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!
    --Diann...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • deanea
    Options
    ya hoo! You did it, I am so relieved! I can do it, we can do it!!!!!!!!!!