VERY FRUSTRATED?!

Options
Hello there,

I am Alastair, i weight 223 lbs, used to be in great shape 10 years ago with rugby etc etc. I now need to lose 20lbs....

I have cut my calories down from around 3000 a day to 1200 net...correct times of the day, 30 mins of cardio and weight training to build lean muscle, been going for ONE WEEK and lost 0.6 of one pound...

Am i doing something wrong?

What can i do better?

Thankyou!

Replies

• taekwonkenpo
    Options
    Your body needs energy. If it does not believe that it will get enough energy from the food that you supply to it then your body will retain it's only energy source (fat).

You need to be eating more. Please check out information on BMR and TDEE. Give us your stats and we can help. Or just go to google and search BMR calculator and make sure you eating above your BMR.

What are your stats?
  • Mslogo45
    Options
    I think you're in the same boat I am....In fact my fitness pal even warned me the other day that I was not eating enough calories. So I'm going to try to start eating more calories and get more protein as my son w/Degree in Exercise Science and Sports Health said that if you was working out Protein was essential......I'll let you know how I do next week as I lost "no weight" this week. Good luck on the journey.
  • CandiQueen
    Options
    You're not eating enough. Your body has probably gone into starvation mode and is holding onto whatever fat it can. I suggest increasing your calories a bit and making sure they are coming from healthy sources.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

This.

1200 is not enough for you.

Also half a pound is good progress, just be patient.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I've lost 1 lousy pound in the last two weeks, I'm telling myself it'll soon catch up, stick it out! Do you feel deflated at all? I feel as though I've lost, even though the scale is being a little ****
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough.
    +1!

Don't set yourself up to fail; set your loss parameters lose 1 or 1.5lbs a week & see how you get on!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I'd start with eating more.
  • Spurrowell
    Options
    how long did it take to gain that weight? I agree with everyone else, you're not eating enough, your body is in shock. Go back to your usual intake and start a little more gradual, maybe just 100 or 200 calories a week less and continue that way. Good luck, there a lot of helpers here.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hello there,

I am Alastair, i weight 223 lbs, used to be in great shape 10 years ago with rugby etc etc. I now need to lose 20lbs....

I have cut my calories down from around 3000 a day to 1200 net...correct times of the day, 30 mins of cardio and weight training to build lean muscle, been going for ONE WEEK and lost 0.6 of one pound...

Am i doing something wrong?

What can i do better?

Thankyou!

Whoa! Holy crap! Why did you decide to starve yourself? No wonder your frustrated! Eat, son! EAT! The higher your deficit, the more muscle you will lose. Did you not know that? It's true. I keep my deficit at about 400-600 calories per day, so I eat roughly 1900 or so a day. And I'm a 5'4" woman, weighing 208, losing about a pound a week.