500 calories left - what would you eat ?

Options
I usually get up later on my fasting days so I have less hours to fit 1000 calories in. Got up at 7am today to attend my first Open University tutorial - I now have 10 hours until bedtime to eat the remaining 500 calories - what would you choose to stretch those calories out ?

Replies

• Skinnyinsecure
    Skinnyinsecure Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd treat myself. Nutella with breadsticks or 2 scoops of icecream or a pizza!
    Its hard to eat 500 calories worth of healthy food unless its nuts.
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    encouraged to eat healthily on fasting days but tomato soup and bread is my usual Saturday night meal option along with cups of tea.
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If it was a weekend, I'd have a chicken shish kebab in pitta with salad for dinner/supper - healthy but tasty :)
    If it was a week night and I was hungry, I'd probably just have a cup of Horlicks, a yoghurt and some fruit.
    If I wasn't hungry, I wouldn't use them at all :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    ice cream and or beer
  • aynhagenbarth
    aynhagenbarth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If I understand this correctly you have 500 calories to last 10 hours? I would eat lots of veggies, greek yogurt plain with stevia, grapefruit, and chicken
  • aynhagenbarth
    aynhagenbarth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I also like to make a big pot of vegetable soup
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    To stretch 500 calories, I'd eat a veggie wrap with lettuce, onions, alfalfa sprouts, and cucumbers on a low carb wrap (total is about 150 calories), 1/4 cup of oatmeal with cinnamon, splenda, and vanilla rice protein (total is about 130 calories), and protein powder and flax pancakes made with rice protein, soy free vegetable protein, 2tbsp of milled flax seeds, cinnamon, splenda, and water (total is 220 calories). There we go, all 500 used, high protein, filling, and yummy :smile:
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would do an egg white omelette with chopped veggies and then in a little while after I would have some greek yogurt with berries. The protein should help you stay fuller longer.
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Chicken stir fry! with loads of veg's! beansprouts, water chesnuts, peppers, onion

Very filling and healthy!

Get your protein too!

Depending on how far you want to stretch your 500, if its just one nice meal, id have some noodles or wholegrain rice too.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt with Nutella/peanut butter and protein powder and a couple of ginger cookies.
  • cooky56ny
    cooky56ny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow, some really Great answers given :)
    I blend up a green drink that I created, ( see below ) only 183 calories and really filling.
    start with the pumpkin seeds first and alone, using a blender, chop setting, blend till they resemble a very fine powder, then add remaining ingredients, one at a time. I hope you enjoy it. I have this for breakfast during the work week as it blends up super quick, and if need be you can take it with you to enjoy on the drive in :)

Go Raw - 1oo% Organic Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds With Celtic Sea Salt, 1 Tbsp - calories 45 carbs 1 fat 4 protein 2
    Bragg - Organic Raw ~ Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (With the Mother), 1 Tbsp - calories 0 carbs 0 fat 0 protein 0
    Generic - Banana, - calories 110 carbs 30 fat 0 protein 1
    Strawberries - Raw - Whole Berries, 4 Medium Berries - calories 23 carbs 6 fat 0 protein 1
    Earthbound Farm - Organic Raw Spinach, 1 cup - calories 5 carbs 2 fat 0 protein1

Total: calories 183 carbs 39 fat 4 protein5
  • fatsnacker
    Options
    chicken shish kebab & pitta sounds lovely
  • fatsnacker
    Options
    the problem is I don't really enjoy vegetables on my plate but I do like vegetable soup !
  • fatsnacker
    Options
    Hi Justsomerando,

wish I had seen your list before I went shopping
  • missstephanielynn
    missstephanielynn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Tuna or chicken stir fry with TONS of veggies and possibly even egg noodles? Or a turkey chilli?

When I'm lazy and hungry I just make ground chicken, add some taco mix, add veggies and top in a bowl with low fat sour cream.

I would just mainly eat lean proteins and tons of veggies.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Hi Justsomerando,

wish I had seen your list before I went shopping

You can always write it down for next time :)
  • fatsnacker
    Options
    thanks for all your replies, you have certainly given me food for thought

settled tonight for tomato soup with peperonata & parmesan focaccia bringing todays calorie count to 989 - now only two more hours before bedtime.