People trying to loose 10-12 pounds?

Options
Why is this so hard?..When I joined this site I was approx 132 lbs, i'm now about 124 and want to get down to 8stone but I havent lost in a while even though i'm eating at a calorie deficit, if i'm honest i have falling off the exercise wagon lately with college and i am getting back to this which i started yesterday.

Just looking for stories from those who had this much to loose and conquered it :)

Replies

• Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    AGHHHHH let me know if you stumble upon some wisdom here. I am only going to weigh in 1 X a month at the docs office because, at my age and height, that 10 lb loss takes FOREVER!!!
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Are you doing just diet or exercise too? Maybe try lowering your carbs a bit?
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Have falling off the exercise wagon with college exams but thats just being an excuse really i need to keep it up. Going to see if that changes anything, ugh its so hard.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Buy a copy of the 30 day shred dvd and try that...short only 20 minutes (everyone can find 20 minutes !). Even if you do not lose anymore weight you will tone up for sure
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Strength traaain! And maybe you possible need to up your calories?? I can't give you advice on that, but i have seen so many stories of people breaking through platues that way. And when you only have a little to lose it takes longer... So just hang in there and remember why you started and how far you've come!
  • balancedbrunette
    Options
    Thanks for the advice :)
    Have ordered julian michaels so going to start incorporating it in my routine on days i don't go the gym

Also I have heard strength train everywhere on this forum i'm really considering looking into it properly this time and starting it, it really seems to work!
  • Innergoddess2412
    Options
    I feel your pain. I've been trying to lose 15 pounds for a while and have been stuck. Read some of the previous suggestions and I think I'm going to lower my carbs and sugar.
  • ejay90
    ejay90 Posts: 42
    Options
    Jog on the spot when ever you can!! haha, i do 10 min bursts 3-6 times a day when i can... it helps :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • balancedbrunette
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3 quite small
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    How big of a deficit are you doing? I've got 10-15 Lbs more to go and I just upped my calories to lose .5 Lbs per week instead of 1 Lb. When you don't have a lot to lose and it's largely cosmetic loss, your body is going to be very stubborn. It doesn't want to let go of the fat stores it has. A smaller deficit works better here as a larger deficit just shuts down your metabolism with so little to lose...also, you lose a lot of lean body mass when you have little to lose and you eat at a large deficit.

I'd recommend a small deficit of .5 Lbs per week...some cardio and hit the weight room and start working on composition. 10Lbs at the weight you're at already is purely cosmetic and should be treated as such.
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It's hard for us shorties! I have been trying to lose the same 7 pounds for gosh, about 6 months now. I've noticed that if I slack on the exercise AT ALL I don't lose. So make sure you're getting some activity in every day, even if you don't feel like it. Also, how strict are you with your logging? There have been days where my diary looked pretty good, until I realized I hadn't added in that handful of m&ms or the cookie I shared with someone..

(Not that I don't think you're doing it, just mentioning things that I've noticed about myself)

Basically, just be super diligent and it WILL happen. I do agree with others, with us who have little to lose, it is going to take a lot longer and we have to pay attention. Good luck! :)
  • balancedbrunette
    Options
    How big of a deficit are you doing? I've got 10-15 Lbs more to go and I just upped my calories to lose .5 Lbs per week instead of 1 Lb. When you don't have a lot to lose and it's largely cosmetic loss, your body is going to be very stubborn. It doesn't want to let go of the fat stores it has. A smaller deficit works better here as a larger deficit just shuts down your metabolism with so little to lose...also, you lose a lot of lean body mass when you have little to lose and you eat at a large deficit.

I'd recommend a small deficit of .5 Lbs per week...some cardio and hit the weight room and start working on composition. 10Lbs at the weight you're at already is purely cosmetic and should be treated as such.

Yea I'm doing a 20% deficit from TDEE which is what i had been doing from the beginning so I guess I need to change this, really think working on composition will play a big part here in finally losing that last amount, cheers for the advice :).