Scosche RHYTHM wristband?

Options
Has anyone purchased this HRM?

I bought a BodyBugg but I'm not very happy with it because I don't feel it's that accurate and I don't know how many calories I'm burning for each workout....

I was looking into spending money on a Polar HRM but those are Pricey and I came aross the Rhythm wristband which is $99....

Any thoughts on it?

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about what Polar HRMs you were looking at that this is a cheaper option for you? I have a Polar FT4 and got it for $70 from Amazon.

In answer to your initial question though, no, I've not used one of the wristbands.
  • Andimadx
    Andimadx Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was looking through the Polar website and the models were the higher ones like the FT40, but now I'm going to consider looking through Amazon for good deals on all models

I just really want something to tell me how many calories i'm burning accurately
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    A Polar FT4 or FT7 is more than enough for accurate calories burned. You don't need to get into the higher models unless you're looking for a lot extra bells and whistles.

I wore a BodyMedia Fit calorie tracker for almost two years solid and had many types of workouts where it just wouldn't record calories correctly. So I would take it off then just edit in the calories from my HRM anyway.

I had an HRM first. And after three years of working out, the BodyMedia Fit is gone, and the HRM is still with me. I saw the calorie tracker as more of a supplemental tool to get a bigger picture snapshot of how my days look, but never planned it being something I continued to use long term. But the HRM was always in for the long haul.

If you want to get a calorie tracker, do it, but not in place of an HRM. They work with each other, and it will be the HRM that will be the one that has more value for the long term.