INSANITY - Schedule? Help?

Options
nursevee
nursevee Posts: 344 Member
Hi everyone,

I was given a ripped copy of Insanity by one of the Mom's whose child I take care of (naughty I know... I just don't have the money to buy it right now!). I love it but my only problem is that I don't have the schedule and have no idea what order I should be doing the workouts (apart from the fact that I do the fit test once every 2 weeks - which I did before I started). Since then I've just been playing around and doing the workouts in whatever order I feel like but I'm sure (as with P90X) that there is a better order/schedule that I can observe to get maximum results.

So... My questions. Does anyone have the schedule and nutrition guide they'd be wiling to email me (or send me a link to?) so I have some idea how this is supposed to work. Hubby is leaving for Afghanistan in 8 weeks and we've decided it would be a great way to get him into pre-deployment shape too!!!

I tried scrolling through the other "Insanity" topic link but got lost as it's lllooonnnggggggg!

I'm probably going to wear hubby's garmin tomorrow to get an idea of calories burnt too but I'd be super appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction!!!

:bigsmile:

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Hi

Send me your email and I will email you the schedule....You can friend me and send me a mesage and I will forward the schedule to you

Along with their eating plan
  • Joeysgirl
    Joeysgirl Posts: 99
    Options
    You can also sign up for a free account at www.teambeachbody.com/hpdoxi and then click "Join Team Beachbody"... then scroll down to where it says Try free membership. Once you do that you can auto schedule the Insanity workouts to your page and keep track of your progress. Plus it helps to see other people's success stories on the website to keep motivated!!
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber,

Thank-you! I already have beachbody membership as I purchased 'Slim-in-6' which I started (and like, but not as much as I love Insanity).... I just couldn't a\fford to then also purchase insanity which is why I don't have their schedule.

Appreciate your help!!!

Thanks Miqisha... I've added you as a friend and left you with my email address!!!
  • ktmunchie
    ktmunchie Posts: 35
    Options
    Quick question about Insanity. Is it a lot of jumping? I have a hard time with the jumping portion of P90X because of my knee. My husband really wants to do insanity next but I am afraid of what it will do to my knee. Thoughts?
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Quick question about Insanity. Is it a lot of jumping? I have a hard time with the jumping portion of P90X because of my knee. My husband really wants to do insanity next but I am afraid of what it will do to my knee. Thoughts?
    I am on my second round of Insanity and just finished P90X (in between Insanity months) and YES this is hard on your knees and back too! It actually puts P90X to shame when it comes to cardio and calorie burn! My back is not the greatest due to a vehicle accident years ago and while I am doing Insanity I see my chiro at least once a week! Good luck deciding, but it is an awesome workout!
  • FeelTheRhythm
    Options

I debated between P90X or Insanity and I decided to take the Insanity Challenge. There is a tremedous amount of jumping and I have terrible knees. Though, I found that it doesn't effect my knees as much as I thought it would. If anything, it feels like it's strengthening them. I really don't look forward to jumping but each day I find myself jumping higher with more reps. Let's just say, I am getting my moneys worth. Don't think injury, think of improving yourself. ;)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

There is a TON of jumping which is why we had to stop. Nick got patellar tendonitis and I got plantar fasciitis. It was a great workout but just not meant for our bodies I suppose. Now he's doing P90x and I'm doing Chalean.