Needing Morning Break food ideas

Options
Hey guys...so I have to be at work by 6am and my first break is at 8am. I am so mega bored with my current food. Thing is I only have 15 minutes, so it has to be something quick. Right now I am mostly eating a lean pocket, which is fine, but like I said Im getting bored. Sometimes Ive been eating instant oatmeal, but that is not something I am in the mood for everyday. Anyone else have any quick breakfast ideas that have worked for you??

Replies

• mrudick74
    Options
    smart ones breakfast sandwishes are really good and give a energy burst. smoothies are good too and they can be quick and you can take them with you.
  • AmyPearshape
    AmyPearshape Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yogurt. Granola bars. Baggies of trail mix you make yourself. A piece of fruit. Stick of string cheese. Raisins.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs ... Two of them keep me satisfied for about 2 to 3 hours
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Oooh good call!! I have been wanting to try those smart ones sandwiches but haven't yet. Im going to the store later, I will have to pick some up.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hard Boiled eggs is another really good idea!! Thanks for the suggestion!! I have no idea why I blank out when thinking of ideas
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with fruit. Leftovers. Fiber One bar/Quest bar. String cheese. Veggies. Carrot chips and hummus.
  • slightner
    slightner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean's D-lights has a turkey sausage, egg, and cheese on English muffin sandwich that I LOVE and eat almost everyday. It keeps me full till lunch with only 250 calories!
  • KristyStuebe
    KristyStuebe Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Eggs (regular or liquid whites) are quick and easy in the microwave top with salsa or veggies you cooked before or you can cook them ahead and reheat them. (I typically make enough eggs to last my family 3 days for on the go) sometimes I make mini quiche no crust using a cupcake pan
    Cereal
    Whole wheat bread or english muffin or bread pocket (flax seed oil ones are only 65 calories)
    Waffles (whole wheat) top with banna and nuts or what you lik
    Yougurt (top with nuts, or cereal, or granola, or fruit)
    Oatmeal
  • rockyshrode
    rockyshrode Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is my go-to snack (when I need more than a yogurt or some fruit):

My favorite sandwich:
    *Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins (I toast mine)
    *2 Tbsp Garden Vegetable (1/3 reduced fat) Cream Cheese
    *1 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
    *1/2 C Sprouts
    *1/2 C Spinach

Easily made before work & packed with you.

ETA: this tastes kind of breakfast-y with the toast & cream cheese. Then again, I'm a fan of delicious sandwiches at any hour. :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Plain fat free greek yogurt and add your own fresh or frozen fruit. Almonds are my go to snack when I'm at the office.
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast person during the week becuase i'm in college and my classes start before the caf even opens....i really like a protien shake and a piece of fruit or some cheese.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I'm having grapes, water, whole wheat toast, and peanut butter.
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    Raw, unsalted Almonds and some fruit. Yummy and satisfying and oh so good for you! You're getting protein and healthy fat with the almonds and healthy carbs with the fruit. Grapes, melon, citrus or apples.
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    my usual morning breakfast is a couple pieces of wheat toast with peanut butter and a medium apple
  • 2012Sonya
    2012Sonya Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eggs (regular or liquid whites) are quick and easy in the microwave top with salsa or veggies you cooked before or you can cook them ahead and reheat them. (I typically make enough eggs to last my family 3 days for on the go) sometimes I make mini quiche no crust using a cupcake pan
    Cereal
    Whole wheat bread or english muffin or bread pocket (flax seed oil ones are only 65 calories)
    Waffles (whole wheat) top with banna and nuts or what you lik
    Yougurt (top with nuts, or cereal, or granola, or fruit)
    Oatmeal

This is a great list of healthy breakfast ideas! Try to limit frozen foods and processed foods. Keep it fresh and organic as much as possible.
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats are really good..tons of recipes on pinterst!!
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I recently found some new flavors of Luna Bars, high in fiber and made just for women. They have chocolate raspberry and peanut butter chocolate. Delicious and 110 cals, and have added folic acid for women's health.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Eat REAL food!!!! Hard boiled eggs, apple, banana, almonds, orange, grapes, blueberries, grape tomatoes, cauliflower. Stay away from processed food whenever possible
  • kionig
    kionig Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I take boiled eggs, overnight oats with or without fruit added, fresh fruit, a homemade muffin (sugar-free, gluten-free), and keep rice cakes at work. I also do major food prep and always have whole meals ready that I can just grab and take with.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    My snacks are bananas, dried apricots, almonds, and Greek yogurt. The apricots and almonds I keep in my desk and I have them whenever I need them.