Tiny NSV - I hope no one saw me on CCTV

Options
Sara2184
Sara2184 Posts: 183 Member
This is nothing compared to all your great achivements here, but I feel like Neil Armstrong now. I had a huge fight with myself in the store thinking about whether to get nutella or not.

I put it in my trolley thinking I would be a responsible eater & have it only for breakfast with 1 slice. Then I thought "are you crazy! You would get a spoon & finish it in one sitting." So I put it back. I put it in the trolley once more remembering how much I liked it, but left the store without it finally :)

It's my crack

Replies

• cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Good for you!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Good job! I have to do that with cashews. I love them. I will not stop eating them! So I resist in the store so I won't have to resist them in the pantry, to paraphrase another poster.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Nutella should be illegal, I salute your willpower.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Yay, that's an awesome NSV! I have the same kind of struggle with peanut butter. I buy it thinking, "hey, peanut butter is a great source of healthy fats, it's good for me!" and then it leads to me huddled in the corner of my living room with a spoon, the jar of peanut butter, and a bottle of honey....

I will remember your NSV when I'm at the store next and need to resist the siren song of the peanut butter...
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options

This!!
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Haha, strong will you have!! Way to go!

I still have a large jar of Nutella from pre-losing weight that I've been whittling away at, one tbs at a time, and dang is it hard to not go crazy on it! I'm certainly not going to replace it after it's gone.
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    when i go shopping things like nutella and crisps and cheesecake end up scattered around tesco, as i put them in my trolley then put them back whereever i am when i change my mind!
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    Great job!! I am also a Nutella addict!! It should definitely be illegal! :smile:
  • EmilyG34
    EmilyG34 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!!! and i definitely don't think that is a small nsv.... it's huge!
  • pink0lily
    Options
    great job girl! thats one of my addictions and i find easier if i just walk on by it ..also where we live we call a "trolley" a "buggy" lol :tongue:
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    That is an NSV for sure. Nutella is amazing and I also have difficulty resisting it
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    when i go shopping things like nutella and crisps and cheesecake end up scattered around tesco, as i put them in my trolley then put them back whereever i am when i change my mind!

:laugh: The people who work there must hate you!
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha! way to go. I can SO relate!

Good for you!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    That's great! Those trigger foods can be hard to resist!:flowerforyou:
  • Sara2184
    Options

I wish, but the drug dealers would definitely have my business if they sold it.

Thanks all
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Yay, that's an awesome NSV! I have the same kind of struggle with peanut butter. I buy it thinking, "hey, peanut butter is a great source of healthy fats, it's good for me!" and then it leads to me huddled in the corner of my living room with a spoon, the jar of peanut butter, and a bottle of honey....

I will remember your NSV when I'm at the store next and need to resist the siren song of the peanut butter...

OP, great job; congrats!

@lauraceaerosa: That imagery was PERFECT! Do you also make gutteral sounds while warding away potential competitors away with a stick?!
  • Sara2184
    Options

I actually left it behind in the counter
  • Marianna05
    Marianna05 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The stores by me sell the huge one! You know how they have the small one and the big one..they have another one about 5-6 times the size of the big one...love that stuff!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    @lauraceaerosa: That imagery was PERFECT! Do you also make gutteral sounds while warding away potential competitors away with a stick?!

Hahah, no, but only because I've already scared off all potential competitors with my threatening visage
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options

This!!

This x a million. Great decision.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!