New & need help with staying motivated

Options
I joined MFP in October of last year but did not get serious about losing weight until recently. I have been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for months now and I'm getting frustrated with myself. I love sweets & find it VERY hard to resist them. I live in the DFW, TX area with a crazy schedule and bad traffic (of course) so I spend a lot of time in the car. :-) It's hard for me to lose weight and stay motivated when my friends and family eat (and cook) whatever they want then fuss at me when I eat it too. Looking for new friends to help with this bump in the road I have hit.

Replies

• Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I just started yesterday and have already noticed a difference in my attitude about losing weight and getting healthy. Feel free to add me and we can help support each other!
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request. I too am looking for motivational friends.
  • shakelia84
    shakelia84 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Request sent :smile:
  • meonfp
    Options
    I also have recently joined and am looking for support. Feel free to add me too :o)
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request! Im a sweet lover too and hoping we can motivate eachother...sounds like we have similar issues:)
  • agibbs42
    Options
    I am starting over. Last January I tried this and didn't last long. I know it is because I am just plain lazy and didn't take the time for myself. I am ready to change, especially since I have gained 15 pounds since then! I have 50 pounds to go to my goal! This was my pre-baby weight and my youngest is 8 1/2! Ready to feel alive again! I will try to figure out how to add!
  • Willkathmum
    Willkathmum Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi I love sweets, so know they are hard to resist. Currently I just feel really motivated and just know I can't have them, I even have them in the house for the kids but resist. I do however have one treat which is after dinner I have a couple of squares of very dark chocolate, it is so rich you don't need any more.
    Feel free to add me!
  • Poetic_Photography
    Options
    I'm with you on the sweets!! I've started to try to switch to a more vegetarian lifestyle.. at least my sweets will have veggies in them! :laugh:

I've started over at times too, so you're not alone... nice to meet you!
  • meliclark
    meliclark Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am NEW to the site too. Everyone feel free to add me! We can all support each other! I am down 4lbs since last Monday and I am so excited to get to my first goal! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • annettemul
    Options
    Hi. i just started yesterday trying to move the last 10 lbs..Its the hardest so hopefully this app will get me moving and keep me on track..
  • clareannwhite26
    Options
    I joined mfp last November and lost 10 lbs but over Christmas I gave up as this was just to hard because of the sweets and alchole and all sourts I have been back on mfp since the 1st of January 2013 and have lost 8 pounds to date but still need help being motivated so if there anyone else out there that needs motivationg feel free to add me and we can motivate each other