Needing Morning Break food ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• LindaLou1397
    LindaLou1397 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I make my own breakfast sandwich. I toast a bagel or an english muffin and fill it with a microwaved Walmart turkey pattie and a slice of american cheese. It takes about five minutes and has 370 calories and 21 grams of protein and keeps me full until lunch.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Nuts, greek yogurt, clementine, lite baby bell cheese. Those are all pretty portable and quick.
  • mic1mam
    Options
    McDonalds fruit and yogurt parfeit with granola, only 150 cals
    English muffin with jimmy dean lite sausage
    english muffin with nutella(I get price chopper brand, cheaper and less cals)
  • astylla
    astylla Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean's D-lights has a turkey sausage, egg, and cheese on English muffin sandwich that I LOVE and eat almost everyday. It keeps me full till lunch with only 250 calories!

I second the D-Lights sandwiches. I will not eat them everyday but about once or twice a week and my favorites are the whole wheat bagel or the french toast griddler - just amazing and fills me up quickly!

My other go to snacks are whole wheat english muffins with about a teaspoon of nutella or non fat Greek yogurt.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions guys!! Im gonna love going to the grocery store tomorrow with all kinds of new fresh ideas to spice up my boring diet
  • watchthis1970
    watchthis1970 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Are you eating something for breakfast before you go to work? If no and this is more of a breakfast try a greek yogurt, yoplait has one that is only 100 calories and pair it with a piece of fruit like an apple or a banana.

If you are eating before you go to work, and you are after a true "snack" I like the weight watcher mozarella string cheese (50 Calories) paired with a fruit or veggie. In the morning I ususally lean towards fruit, in the afternoon baby carrots.

Good luck on shopping!!
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump for great ideas!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    A couple of days last week, at my afternoon break - I have afternoon tea and Dinner at work, I had two boiled eggs and a banana. Surprisingly yummy and not too filling. I work in a factory and find I need to eat a decent amount for that first break.