Replies

• MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! What a big difference the last 20lbs make! I think it is a huge accomplishment because losing the last few pounds is always so hard because you have to keep upping & upping the intensity or strength of your workouts. Sometimes I wonder how extreme I'd have to go to reach my goal (Which is not too far away on the scale but feels like forever time-wise).

I was 144lbs trying to get down to 130lbs. I got to 137lbs, but felt stuck so I started doing Strong Lifts, eating more & cutting cardio. Now I am 141lbs. Hopefully I can lose the fat when I'm done "bulking."

Sending a friend request! :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Great job. Very motivating for me, as I'm trying to whittle off the last of this weight and there is clearly a major difference between the 140s and the 120s! :drinker:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! It makes me really happy to know that I have motivated others :) And your kind words make me feel so good! Thanks for all the friend requests, as well :) If anyone has any questions, message me!
    I keep re-evaluating my goal until I can get the weight off my tummy.

Haha yeah that's pretty much what I did too. I'm finally happy with my tummy now but I'd love to see my abs come out a bit more! So maybe I'll lose a couple more pounds, or try to gain some more strength... I need to make a plan.
    How tall are you?

I'm 5'4"! Oops, meant to include that in the OP.
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration, I'm 5'3" and want to go from 140 to 120 so this is very inspiring for me. Thank you and well done on your progress. Good luck in your pageant!
  • 2011Bluez
    Options
    Excellent! I began at 145 & wanted to lose down to 130. That's the weight that I felt the most comfortable, conditioned, and (I feel) looked the best. Your pictures and testimony shows that it is possible, which I find very encouraging. I've only dropped 2lbs so far, but every little bit counts! Thanks again for your testimony and sharing with (me) you MFP family.
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    your at my goal...help meee ^_^ oh u look amazing
  • JoJo61612
    JoJo61612 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look fantastic
  • jjmnet
    jjmnet Posts: 110
    Options
    WOW! You have done such an amazing transformation! You look like a new person!!! I'm trying to lose some weight and tone up and your story is inspiring to keep pushing through the tough days! Good luck in your competition!
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You are the exact success story I want to be. Thank you!!!
  • LaurenAOK
    Options
    That is such a great transformation - you are an inspiration to me as I don't have much to lose but I doubt I will ever get the fantastic body you have! Good luck with the pageant - don't think you will need it though! Let us know how you get on.

Just had to reply to this to say thank you and also to let you know that you absolutely CAN get your goal body! It may take a while and you may have to get creative with diet and exercise routine, but I think you really can achieve it :) I'll let you all know how the pageant goes!
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • zaeaton
    Options
    WOW! You look great!! Good job! You did it!! How did you learn about strength training? I'm interested in it, I like it a lot better than cardio, but I get confused as to what to do in the gym (not how to do an excersice, but which ones together, how many reps, etc..). I need a plan. Any pointers on where I can go to learn?
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    incredible you look great!
  • Jesses1wife
    Options
    OMG you look amazing! How tall are you?
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Wow! Enjoy your pagent.
  • LaurenAOK
    Options
    OMG you look amazing! How tall are you?

Thank you! I'm 5'4" :)
    WOW! You look great!! Good job! You did it!! How did you learn about strength training? I'm interested in it, I like it a lot better than cardio, but I get confused as to what to do in the gym (not how to do an excersice, but which ones together, how many reps, etc..). I need a plan. Any pointers on where I can go to learn?

I was super confused about strength training at first, too, but there are a lot of great resources out there! Try reading The New Rules of Lifting for Women, it's a really helpful book and it comes with a workout program. Other routines I've tried are Stronglifts 5x5, and several of the free routines from bodybuilding.com. I've seen great results with all of them! You can find more info by googling any of those things :) I'm currently doing my own modification of this program: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lee-labrada-12-week-lean-body-trainer-intro.html
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl, you look amazing!!! Huge congrats for sticking with it and making a change!!!
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! Congrats and good luck in your pageant!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!