HIP HOP ABS...

size7again
size7again Posts: 81
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been thinking about trying out my Hip Hop Abs Dvd's again since I did them before and saw results... but I am wondering if anybody would know the calorie burn count on them or how to figure out the count??? I tried a few different times to find out but can't seem to figure out what I need to type in or at the very least where to look... any help would be great !!

Replies

• Approximately 213 calories per hour. Also, depends on your intensity and involvement. :wink:
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    that is going to depend on size and intensity.

someone one at 200 is gonna burn a different amount than someone at say 100
  • size7again
    thanks!! i love hha... shaun t is so great you can help but get into it!!
  • size7again
    that is going to depend on size and intensity.

someone one at 200 is gonna burn a different amount than someone at say 100

i weigh 131 and am about 5" 3... about how much would i burn in a 30 min session? and how in the world can I figure this out on my own?! I would love to know lol I'm clueless when it comes to this part......
  • hannah_online
    hannah_online Posts: 1 Member
    i might be wrong but when i do videos like that i just put it in as circuit training.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    The best way to know how many calories you burn is to by a HRM (Heart rate monitor)

Goodluck
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    The best way to know how many calories you burn is to by a HRM (Heart rate monitor)

Goodluck

agreed
  • cristi1184
    cristi1184 Posts: 4
    How does the hrm work?? How do you figure out the calories burned using the hrm?
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Approximately 213 calories per hour. Also, depends on your intensity and involvement. :wink:

hmmmmm......I'm not real sure about the 213. Maybe there's a big diff in our sizes but I did Level 2 Hip Hop Abs Saturday night and in 45 mins burned approx 450 cals according to my HRM. But I am about 40# heavier than you, size7, so I wouldn't really be much help. If I were you I would probably just guestimate about half of that.

cristi1184....with a HRM you measure your HR periodically thru the workout, especially when moving from more intense phases to less intense and vice versa, and it will calculate it for you. I have the watch style (which I kinda wish I'd have bought a chest strap version) but you press one button and hold your middle finger over the other for 5-10 secs and then in will tell you how many bpm and at what %age your heart rate is pumping, then it will tell you how many cals you've burned and continue to calculate them until you tell it to stop and get a final count. Hope this helps. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.