CANT BELIEVE I DID THIS!

Options
bksteve26
bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
so today...i went on a run with my boyfriendish person...haha...last week we went running together and we ran one mile, walked two miles, and then ran another mile. I could barely make it through this activity. Then yesterday I went running with my sister. I ran one mile, walked two miles, and then ran another mile again, only this time I was ok...not really a problem. SO HERE'S THE KICKER! Today, I went running with Kevin again...he wanted to push me so we ran one mile, then he was like alright lets run the second one...i was ok, so I complied...then we finished two and he's like let's go for three...I thought he was crazy, I told him I wanted to walk one, he pushed me and I ran it...then...and this is where it gets crazy...mile 4...HE HAD ME RUN THAT TOO! AND I MADE IT! So now, here I am with blisters on my instep, 4 miles down...that's more than a 5k which I was nervous about entering...he says he'll get me up to 12 by the end of the summer and funny thing is...I believe him. OK...just had to share. Sorry, but I'm really proud of myself!

Replies

• candicecumbie
    Options
    :)
  • candicecumbie
    Options
    Great Job!! I know how excited I was when I first accomplished this. If you are going to be running I would suggest going to a good running store and getting fitted for shoes. This will help with blisters, shin splints, runners knee, etc.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    WTG on the running.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    hehe awesome girl you are doing great :) keep it up
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!! Make sure you don't increase too fast, the rule is no more than 10% a week, not trying to take away from your success AT ALL cause thats really great, keep it up! :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Believe it and you can do it (most of the time anyway) never doubt yourself
  • missygal
    missygal Posts: 60
    Options
    Great job for pushing through!!!:wink:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    that's great!!!! For sure sign up for a 5K. It feels so great when you finish those.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! You had it in you the whole time all you needed was a 'you can' instead of 'you can't!" HOORAY!!! :flowerforyou:
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    right on for you! im totally jealous! wish i had a running buddy! you'll hit 12 for sure in no time with this guy! it took me three months on my own! good luck to you!
  • LosingLori
    LosingLori Posts: 57
    Options
    Good for you!!!! Keep it up!!!

Tattoo mini-goal is coming up soon for you!!!! What are you getting?:tongue:

739764.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cari_135
    cari_135 Posts: 1
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!! I do the same, walk at a fast pace then jog, then walk again, haven't got to the "running" YET, lol, but i know i will sooner or later, keep up the good work!! AND U SHOULD BE VERY PROUD GIRLIE ;)
  • katiri732
    katiri732 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! :flowerforyou:
  • gailypooh1
    gailypooh1 Posts: 14
    Options
    that is soooo awesome! I hope someday I can say I did the same thing! YAY
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    "They" always say, Do one thing a day that scares you.

YOU DID IT! Congrats. You should be proud of yourself. That's awesome. :heart:
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This is so great for you! My daughter & brother convinced me to sign up for an 8k for my first run and I did it....also made my next race of 5k seem a lot easier LOL. Good shoes, great advice but get good socks too - No cotton - you shouldn't be getting blisters.

When things start to get tough I think of something funny, I don't know why but this works for me. I can always hear in my head my family making fun of me and saying RUN, GINA, RUN (think Forest Gump) - sounds really stupid but it makes me giggle inside and I keep going.

GREAT JOB! I hope you enjoy running as much as I do
  • drewsandbank
    Options
    Get it, girl! I think it's really motivating knowing that what you're doing is actually working and having a positive effect on your body. It sounds like you're doing great!!!
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Omg! That is awesome! I'm with them...never doubt yourself. You rocked that! I hope you get to that 12 miles and surpass it. Seriously great post....way to motivate us all. :flowerforyou:
  • cildawg1
    cildawg1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Five miles???? That's amazing!!! (I couldn't even drive five miles. I'd have to stop and get a drink of water.) Congratulations to you. I know I should exercise more. Right now, I'm learning how to watch exercise on TV. I do try to walk a little every day, but it's nowhere near five miles.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, well done.

Here's a little secret - You're stronger than you think you are. Everybody who goes through military boot camp gets an experience with this.

Imagine how fast and how far you could run if you were being chased by a bear!!!! When you really have no choice in the matter and you can't choose to stop because you're tired, when there's nothing you can do but suffer through it and keep going until you physically collapse because your body says no more - that's when you find out what you can really do. And I'll promise you it's more than you think it is. You just got a little peek at that. It's kewl, ain't it? :smile:

<Old runner's saying> - "If you don't black out at the finish line - you could have gone faster".
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!