hello! :)

Options
i joined MFP at the end of NOV, but just now getting to introduce myself... i was reluctant to do this, but lately i have been reading the boards and there is some really interesting information out there... so, i thought i would venture out of my cocoon and say hello!

i am 50+ SW = 193 CW = 185 GW = 150 (my ultimate goal = 140)

so, does anyone want to be my friend? i am a traditional foodie, so i spend A LOT of time in the kitchen, but i really love it. i struggle with my wine intake (due to stress), but am working through this... i think if i open my diary, maybe this would provide some accountability?? that said, i have lost one pound a week for 8 weeks drinking wine most days. ;-p

i would really appreciate the support ((hugs to all))

Replies

• eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love cooking/food(who doesn't?) too! :smile: 1 lb a week is really good but I honestly have no idea about the wine, I haven't had wine in sooo long.

Anyway, I'll add you!
  • redpat74
    Options
    Hello! I'm just getting back on track. Former gastric bypass (10yrs+), gained 50 lbs back recently. Blamming menopause. Getting my head back in the game. Gave up my wine in October. Not missing it now. I too have a stressful job, but learning to leave it at work. Reading Al Roker's new book to see how he lost the lbs he put on after gastric bypass. Funny book. You can add me as a friend if you like. Clean eating is my goal...
  • wilburnma66
    Options
    Hi everyone...I just signed up today because my 50 year old brother(who doesn't even need to lose weight, has lost 6 pounds so far) I am mid 40's and menopausal so it seems I could eat a celery stick per day and nothing else and gain weight....that may be a slight exaggeration but only slight :) I feel like I MUST have a sweet before bedtime and I really think i need to giveit up but am very unsatisfied without it. Any suggestions??? Thanks
  • freindsofmine
    freindsofmine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Add me if you would like not new but in need of some supportive freinds,,I'm on every day no wine.,but I will support and help where I can .
  • DianeMKay
    DianeMKay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a foodie as well, and I love wine, too. I have found that I have to make myself exercise more to "earn back" the calories I spend on wine and chocolates, and that works pretty well for me.

That said, don't ask me to give up my pinot.