I Have Reached My Goal

Options
On December 2, 2011 I weighed in at 222 pounds. It was the heaviest I have ever been and I am approaching 70 years old. I decided it was time to change my habits and set a goal before the new year. I decided I wanted to weigh 180 pounds when I reached my goal. Today, Feb 2, 2012, I weighed in at 180 pounds for the first time in years. I will celebrate tonight with a filet mignon and a glass of red wine along with a baked potato and salad. I established this reward for myself about a month ago when I realized the goal was well within sight.

Now the next phase of my life begins. I must maintain this weight and I will do so. My plan is to set a threshold of 180 as my max weight. That means I need a window to make it happen. I will continue my weight loss down to 175 and then go back to a normal calorie intake. For today, I am celebrating and very proud of my accomplishment.

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Enjoy that dinner tonight.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Congratulations! Enjoy your dinner -- you've earned it!
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Enjoy that filet,,,,,,big congratulations to you.
  • eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is a great inspiration.
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are living proof that it CAN be done!
  • mike5802
    mike5802 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Terrific job! It's generally thought that it's tougher to lose the weight as we age, but you are proof that it can be done. Keep it up! - Mike
  • kgcart
    kgcart Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dime,
    That's great for you and very encouraging for me to hear! I'm a few years younger but I'm at the heaviest ever and I need to hear stories like yours! A heartfelt Congratulations to you! Enjoy your dinner, you more than deserve it!
  • browneyes97
    Options
    That's great! Dinner sounds yummy! Enjoy:bigsmile:
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well done you! You'll enjoy that dinner tonight, and it is well deserved!! :flowerforyou:
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Your dinner sounds wonderful.
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishment . . . wishing you continued success!
  • Jannat89
    Options
    Welldone!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a victory meal well earned! You did yourself a huge favor and I am very proud of you!! Good work!
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Good job, and congrats to not letting your age be an excuse. Here's to a much longer and healthier life!
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking away one of my excuses- age. I have been told that the older you get the harder it is to lose weight. When my weight loss isn't as good, I just think it's because I am older. Congrats! Enjoy that victory meal.
  • ShaunDen
    ShaunDen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Yummy! :drinker:

Good for you!:smile:
  • mstduff
    Options
    Congratulations...you deserve a very nice meal!
  • Cullinanmarti
    Cullinanmarti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congrats'!!!!! A job well done!
  • Missjuly7
    Missjuly7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!!