PCOS and Weight Loss

Options
I was diagnosed with PCOS three years ago, and have always struggled with weight loss. I've been doing some homework and have decided to try to focus my weight loss plan on my PCOS. I know weight loss won't happen overnight, I'm over fad diets that make me binge and are over restrictive.

I wanted to reach out to anyone with PCOS, if you've lost weight share your secrets! If you're trying to lose and need support feel free to add me.

Even if you don't have PCOS and need support I'm here haha.

Replies

• kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and have lost 182 pounds...that said ive been at it for over 6 years. For me I find eating minimal processed foods, exercising 4-6 times a week (a combination of resistance and cardio), trying to have one grain free meal per day, and ensuring I get enough sleep works for me. Feel free to add me

kazz :)
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request! I have PCOS too. :)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too. I've always been heavy but it got worse since the official diagnosis a few years ago. I haven't done anything to lose weight in a long time, now I'm doing this slowly and loving this website. I don't have expectations to get to 120 lbs, but definitely to lose a huge chunk of the excess baggage. Would love more PCOS friends.
  • LaChinaDoll
    LaChinaDoll Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I previously lost almost 60lbs by eliminating processed foods, eating clean and then eating a vegan diet. It took me two years. The last year was when I ate a mostly vegan diet. I eliminated most white sugar, white flour, and starchy vegetables . I strayed since my seventh month of pregnancy and sure enough weight crept back up. So here I am again trying to lose 40lbs I am doing a vegetarian diet as I found I felt better doing so. No dairy but do eat eggs occasionally and honey. I've been working out 6 times a week. Feel free to add me :-)
  • jaynehayden83
    jaynehayden83 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS i struggle to lose weight but it is coming off slowly. I find this site to be a great help in losing the weight and hope that I can stick with it. If anyone wants friends for support feel free to add me.
  • Canderson58054
    Canderson58054 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! There are lots of us here :) We also have a group on MFP......> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/9244-pcos-fighters-we-fight-we-win-we-survive-
    So anyone with PCOS looking for further encouragement there are quite a few of us in that group :)