Replies

• NomNomMom
    NomNomMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Love quinoa! Bump for later.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like quinoa salad. Cook and cool the quinoa, mix with cooked, drained and cooled beans and chopped vegetables of your choice. Dress with a vinaigrette dressing. Usually < 200 cal per 1 cup serviing (varies depending on the amount and type of vegetables used and how much oil you put in the dressing)
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • wannalosew82
    wannalosew82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just made Chipotle's Veggie Burrito in a Bowl with Quinoa instead of rice(with lime juice and cilantro), black beans, onions & peppers, corn and red salsa, guacamole, greek yogurt, reduced fat cheese topped with shredded lettuce. Delish!!!l
  • fancycatlady
    fancycatlady Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was never impressed by the quinoa recipes that I found. This one changed my mind!

http://ctvottawamorning.ca/recipes.php?id=6727
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com and do a search for quinoa

Here's another one. I haven't tried it myself but I've only heard good things about it:

Quinoa Mac n' Cheese:
    http://monimeals.com/meals/quinoa-mac-n-cheese/
  • Scrimples
    Options
    Bump
  • CrazyDaisyMom
    CrazyDaisyMom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump! I could always use some good recipes!
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump ..i have a box of Quinoa in the kitchen that i had no idea what/how to cook using it :) think it will be getting used tomorrow now thanks :)
  • hrubyk1804
    Options
    Bump!
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I usually just cook it up and the throw whatever in it. I like spicy tuna, quinoa and veggies. I order bulk stuff from a food co-op and quinoa is on sale for $2.60/# so I am stocking up.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    "quinoa risotto"

Cook quinoa as directed, stir in spaghetti sauce (i use a roasted red pepper suace i make from scratch) and grated parmesan cheese once quinoa is cooked. top with different veggies like spinach, mushrooms, peppers, onions. very tasty and easy.

also, quinoa cooked and then add chili on top.

i like to use it for anything i would use rice or pasta for to switch things up sometimes. it's also good with salsa mixed in, or with mint and cucumber
  • jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    do you always have to rinse it before you use it/ cook it?
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I LOVE quinoa, it's my new go to breakfast. Here's what I do (and I make a weeks worth at a time (double batch) and just heat it in the morning, super easy and fast.

1 cup rinsed quiona
    1 1/2 cups water (you could use juice too, but I don't want the added sugar)
    1 chopped apple
    1/2 c. chopped walnuts
    Nutmeg and Cinnamon to taste

Cook Quiona in water (or juice) until boiling. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, cut heat and allow to stand for 10 more minutes. Fluff with a fork and add spices, apple, and walnuts, stir to combine.

I actually press this down into a casserole pan so that I can equally divide the portions. For me this recipe makes 4 servings.

that sounds yummy..
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bump.