anyone else use an eliptical?

Options
Hi I

I bought a used eliptical - today was my frist time on it. I lasted 13 minutes - my hr was up to 171 at one point....

anyone else doing a routine at home that includes an eliptical? How many days per week should I use it??? What else should I be doing other than cardio??

I have all kinds of workout videos but to be honest they are boring me lately.... sad? maybe? but I feel like Ive tried them all and not getting anything more out of them.:yawn:

Replies

• btbs25
    btbs25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use the eliptical but I would say switch it up between running and doing the eliptical. Do different workout settings but don't just stick to the same routine. You should also be lifting weights at least 3 times a week.
  • farsteve
    farsteve Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi I

I bought a used eliptical - today was my frist time on it. I lasted 13 minutes - my hr was up to 171 at one point....

anyone else doing a routine at home that includes an eliptical? How many days per week should I use it??? What else should I be doing other than cardio??

I have all kinds of workout videos but to be honest they are boring me lately.... sad? maybe? but I feel like Ive tried them all and not getting anything more out of them.:yawn:

I have always said, the best workout is the one you do or the one you can do, whatever that workout might be.

If you're just starting then 3 times a week is fine. If you're in better condition than that then maybe up to 5 times a week(?). I really enjoy eliptical work. You can do LISS (Low Intensity Steady State) or HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) on them, there is little impact to the joints, you work your arms at the same time (some machines) and best of all, you could watch a movie on the television at the same time. Your workouts are only limited by your imagination so use it and have a good time. Maybe you can work the eliptical and watch one of your workout videos at the same time.