Best pasta and bread brands?

Options
Hey MFP peeps!

I am buying whole grain pasta and Dave's Killer 21 grain bread. The carbs are still really high. Does anyone have good reccomendations for complex carb pastas and a good brand of bread to buy that is stone ground/not processed? Thanks!

Replies

• blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    We make our own flatbreads with just whole grain flour, a pinch of salt and water. Add enough water to make a good dough and then place in the fridge for an hour or so covered by a wet towel. We usually add some garlic salt and ground flax or chia seeds. I keep intending to try making it with some cinnamon and a little raw sugar but haven't gotten around to trying it. I'm sure there are lots of other spices you could experiment with too.
  • grangerkelly
    Options
    I try to not eat bread and pasta much. But when I do, for bread we get Ezekial brand sprouted grain bread. It's pretty hearty. Look into the benefits of sprouted grains. It's sorta pricey, but I think it's worth it!

I HATE eating pasta but my boyfriend is obsessed with it so I give in sometimes (like tonight! lol), I just make sure it's always whole wheat.