Does this Happen to you too when your head hits the Pillow?

Options
So as soon as my head hits my Pillow I start thinking of all those "Bad Foods" I am not eating any more. It has been really hard to fall asleep lately. Does this happen to you too?

Replies

• KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    No, when my hits the pillow I fall asleep almost instantly. Hope you are able to get to sleep better.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I actually usually start thinking about them around dinner or dessert. =( Bad time for it.
  • sweetcaroline1972
    Options
    I might be the only person that makes this recommendation but I'm gonna put it out there anyway... Maybe not everyday, but on most days I include a SMALL portion of a "bad food" for 2 reasons: 1st - so I don't feel deprived. The minute I start feeling like I'm having to deprive myself of things/foods I enjoy is the same minute that I want that item even more than I did 2 minutes earlier. 2nd - learning to eat those indulgent foods in smaller quantities is something that you're going to have to learn to do for the long-haul. I think it's rediculous to think you'll never eat chocolate again, or french fries, etc. And honestly, usually a very small portion does it for me. If not having those "bad" foods is weighing on your mind THAT much that it's keeping you awake at night - indulge yourself but in moderation and know that you might have to work out extra hard or not eat quite as much at one of your meals. FYI...I'm no doctor or health expert - just a "normal" person trying to make my new eating habits something I can do for the rest of my life and not just until I lose enough to get to my goal weight.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I might be the only person that makes this recommendation but I'm gonna put it out there anyway... Maybe not everyday, but on most days I include a SMALL portion of a "bad food" for 2 reasons: 1st - so I don't feel deprived. The minute I start feeling like I'm having to deprive myself of things/foods I enjoy is the same minute that I want that item even more than I did 2 minutes earlier. 2nd - learning to eat those indulgent foods in smaller quantities is something that you're going to have to learn to do for the long-haul. I think it's rediculous to think you'll never eat chocolate again, or french fries, etc. And honestly, usually a very small portion does it for me. If not having those "bad" foods is weighing on your mind THAT much that it's keeping you awake at night - indulge yourself but in moderation and know that you might have to work out extra hard or not eat quite as much at one of your meals. FYI...I'm no doctor or health expert - just a "normal" person trying to make my new eating habits something I can do for the rest of my life and not just until I lose enough to get to my goal weight.

I totally agree with this. I guess I never have those thoughts at bedtime because I still eat those foods just in moderation. I have also found a healthier alternative to ice cream!
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree w/ minding a way to enjoy food in moderation. I learned for me, if I'm going to enjoy something, it has to be near perfect. I don't want to waste my taste buds (or calories) on a "so-so" treat. We get a lot of sponsored lunches where I work & they usually provide dessert. If the cake looks dry or the cookies don't have enough chocolate chips, I won't touch it. That way, when I do indulge, it's always worth it.

PS- Regarding your sleep, I've noticed being extra picky helps squash those cravings.

[img][/img]
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    SWeet Caroline took the words right out of my mouth! I do the same thing she does. If I start thinking about those "bad foods" Iuse to eat daily, then I have a bit of something. I don't want to binge because of depriving myself. I include it in my count and sometimes I have to workout a bit more to do it, but its worth it in the end! I have found that because I'm retraiing myself to eat healthier, I am picky also. I never "mindless'\: eat anymore just to do it. I have to really want it and it has to be really good! Mabye you should consider having just a bit of something to take your mind off of it. I know how you feel tho, I def don't like lying in bed thinking about chocolate ice cream!!!lol
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    I only think about them on the weekends...when the kids and the hubs is around and they want "treats". During the week its not so bad.

With eating right and exercise, my stress level is low and I'm exhausted by the time I go to bed so falling asleep is so much easier than it used to be.