Green Smoothies

Options
Nharley
Nharley Posts: 201
Generally, if you think a green smoothie is a daunting proposition, start with a small amount of either spinach or kale. Either of those greens are milder than other choices. Give it a try just once. Most of the time you would never know by the taste that there is spinach in a smoothie!

1 bunch spinach
2 oranges (peeled with seeds removed)
¼ lemon with peel (seeds removed)
4 dates (with pits removed)
2 frozen bananas
2 cups water
¼ teaspoon nutmeg

Blend until smooth. Makes about 4 cups.

2. 1 bunch Dandelions, 1 Banana, 1 Pear, 1 Mango, 2 cups water

#3. 3 leaves of Romaine Lettuce, ½ an Avocado, ½ Fuji Apple, 1 Banana, 2 cups water

#4. 5 leaves Purple Kale, ½ Orange, ½ Fuji Apple, small piece of Ginger, ½ an Avocado, Orange slices to decorate.

#5. 1 cup frozen Strawberries, 1 Banana, 1 Mango, 2 cups water, 2 leaves Rainbow Chard

#6. 1 large handful of Spinach, 1 Banana, 1 cup frozen Strawberries, 1 Orange, small piece of Ginger, 2 cups water

#7. 1 young Coconut, ½ of a small Pineapple, ½ Pear, 5 Leaves of Romaine Lettuce

#8. 1 cup frozen Raspberries, 5 leaves Red Leaf Lettuce, 1 Red Apple, 1 Green Apple, ½ of a small Pineapple, 2 cups water

#9. 1 large handful of Spinach, ¾ of Orange Bell Pepper, ½ an Avocado, 3 cloves Garlic, 2 Tomatoes, 2 cups of water (Savory Smoothie)

#10. ½ an Avocado, 2 Tomatoes, pinch of Cayenne Pepper, pinch of Salt, ½ of a Red Onion, 1 bunch Parsley, 1 Orange Bell Pepper, 2 cups water (Savory Smoothie)

#11. 2 Bananas, 3 pieces of Celery, 1 head of Red Leaf Lettuce, 2 cups water

#12. 2 leaves Purple Kale, 2 leaves Collard Greens, 2 Bananas, ½ an Asian Pear, 2 cups water, 1 cup frozen Raspberries

#13. 1 cup frozen Blueberries, ¼ pound Spinach, 1 Orange, 1 cup water

#14. 4 Tomatoes, 1 Red Bell Pepper, 1bunch Basil, ½ an Avocado

#15. 1 young Coconut, carrot tops from young carrots, ½ an Avocado 1 banana, 2 cups water.

Green Smooth-Ah-Smooth-Ah
Zenchai Abrams

1 1/2 C almond milk (unsweetened)
2 very ripe bananas
8 frozen strawberries
1/2 frozen dark cherries
copious amounts of glorious greens
(bare minimum 2 BIG handfuls)

Blend until you have a smooth-ah-smooth-ah consistency

Replies

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Just gotta try some of these...to the grocer...
    thanks
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I too am going to try these, looking for new, healthy breakfast ideas, thanks!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! :wink:

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I saw a website on this very thing the other day with video, very interesting and sounds healthy and unique

Thanks for sharing all the ideas:happy:
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for inspiring me to start adding spinach to my smoothies. I have been trying to get in more leafy greens and I do like spinach, but I can only handle giant spinach salads so many times. Pre-washed (yay!) organic baby spinach was buy-one-get-one this week at the grocery store, so I thought now was a good time to try it out.

And you are right! Besides turning the smoothie a greenish hue, you would never know it is there. Also, it is virtually calorie free! I mean, 5 calories for a cup or something? Sweet!

My post-workout shake today is:

1 cup skim milk
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
    1 cup baby spinach
    1/2 cup frozen strawberries

Delicious.
  • biggieshorty
    Options
    bump
  • LinsdayMV
    LinsdayMV Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow, great recipes! How do you find the ginger blends in? I use a Magic Bullet to make smoothies, sometimes it isn't the greatest for harder and/or frozen foods.
  • tzipporah
    tzipporah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mpos
    mpos Posts: 55
    Options
    bump. thanks
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I will have to try one of these out! Thanks!
  • gurlysmiles2001
    Options
    love green smoothies! i have one i do with like 20 ingredients that i've been wanting to simplify so these ideas are great thank you!