Calling on all Australian's on MFP

Options
Hello,

Now, I know I have tried this tactic before.... and it worked to an degree. However, I want to do it again because I believe that there are more Aussies out there in the MFP world than meets the eye! As most of you have noticed, there isn't any of us which makes it hard to find one another. I am sure we could do with some support from members in the same time-zone... it keeps you motivated to have that constant flow of support. (Well it helps me anyway!)

So, if you are an Aussie and you are reading this, please let us know!

I'm looking forward to meeting you! :-)

M

Replies

• sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm not Aussie, but I live here and also find it a bit frustrating that all the support groups are working on a different time zone - so i feel i keep missing out on opportunities to get involved in the challenges. I'm currently in Melbourne, but relocating to Brisbane in June.
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    Not an Aussie either, but if you want a weigh-in group on the right side of GMT then you'd be welcome to join us here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/94748-kiwis-weekly-weigh-in-week-one
  • aszymans
    aszymans Posts: 4
    Options
    HI! I'm a yank living here in oz. I'm on my 3rd week of MFP. I love that the database has so many aussie brands which makes it easier to input my food items. It would be nice to have a group of us here.

~Amy
  • MiekeJ
    MiekeJ Posts: 139
    Options
    Hey Gals,

Aussie or not, it still counts!

I just think its handy to have buddies that are in a fairly tight time-zone. Makes catching up far more easier! :-)

I have added all of you :-) Thanks!
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm an Aussie! and damn proud of it! hehe I live in the UK at the moment though. Missing the sun loads!!
  • KarenWantsABikini
    Options
    Me, Me Im in Melbourne and I Love MFP
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian but have lived here for almost three years and have been on MFP almost that entire time. I'd love to be involved with others more local!!
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd wait to bump this after people get home from work.

I'm in Canberra, doing my phd. I started using mfp in January and maybe a little obsessed. I'm looking forward to returning to running shortly, but at the moment my knee (ITB to be precise) is still weak from a 100k race I did at the end of March.

@Lilmissy2, don't be too nostalgic about the sun, its getting damn cold (at least in Canberra). 0 degree minimums all this week :(
  • JoyElizabeth
    JoyElizabeth Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey - I'm on the Gold Coast - Aussie Born & Bred. Just started yesterday and still on track. Looking forward to touching base with Aussie guys and gals too.

I'm off to a drumming lesson after making myself a killer NBLT on Rice Bread for dinner.

Have a good night all.

Kind Regards,

Joy.
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm in Adelaide. Add me if you want, some of you already have :happy: . Great sight, love it.
  • lilmissy2
    Options

@Lilmissy2, don't be too nostalgic about the sun, its getting damn cold (at least in Canberra). 0 degree minimums all this week :(

haha so I hear! but our days are still 10 degrees, and nights 0 and it's supposed to be almost summer!! That said, in 10 degree weather,, people are happily sunning themselves in t-shirts hahaha
  • MiekeJ
    MiekeJ Posts: 139
    Options
    I'm happy to see some new faces :-)
  • fitmonkey
    fitmonkey Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am an Aussie from Sydney and brand new to MFP only joined on Monday 14th June but so far so good.

This progam seems to be great and so happy to have fellow aussies for support.

Does anyone have any tips for a newbie?

:smile:
  • lilmissy2
    Options
    Welcome fitmonkey!

I would say don't listen too much to the advice on the forums haha it can get a bit crazy sometimes!