Chunky Monkey is not just my favorite ice cream... it's also

Options
I finally just got to the point that i want to fit in clothes that are not from the plus size section of a store. My name is Natalie and I am very happy that there is a program like this that can help get people motivated.
Nice to meet you all and if you have any great tips, please pass them along.

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your goals! Come back for inspiration anytime!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Welcome and goodluck!!!

Log everything you eat....everything

Work out as often as you can.....

Drink lots of water.....

You can do this....just have to be honest with everything you do
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Welcome Natalie!

Tips? If you have an bad habit (Diet Coke, cigarettes, etc...) quit it up front rather than later. I've seen people struggle with them and then gain the weight back later...just get it over with now! Make sure you drink an appropriate amount of water (not necessarily 8 glasses) and get in your fruits/veggies. Just because you can fit a Mcflurry, a big mac and 4 cups of ice cream into your calorie allotment, doesn't mean that's what you should eat. It's all about a balanced diet and paying attention to serving sizes!

Good luck!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! You will LOVE this site! It is full of many people who are here to support you and are struggling just the same as you, as well as LOTS of useful tools that will aid you tremendously in your weight loss journey. I just want to let you know that YOU CAN DO THIS! This is not a diet, but a lifestyle CHANGE! :flowerforyou:
  • patricepeop
    patricepeop Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! Here's my advice....Log everything you put in your mouth no matter how small the bite! Drink lots of water and pay attention to sugar grams! In January I could only shop in the big girl section. Last week I bought a pair of size 10 pants! You can do this!!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Stay away from (or eat in moderation) diet junk food. The sugars and high fructose corn syrup will actualy keep the weight on. Try to keep it around one serving a day if you need something sweet, and even if its low cal.
    Eat your excersise calories or your body will think its starving and hang on to the weight. You have to eat food to lose weight.

Can't think of anything else other than WELCOME!! :flowerforyou:
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi Natalie!

I just want you to know that I reached my goal of 30 lbs loss in 123 days of MFP and it hasn't been all that hard! If I can do this...you can do this!
    I won't preach, but the key is not only a combination of caloric intake and exercise but a mind set. You have to decide that you want to lose weight. Once you're past that milestone the rest is simple mind over matter. It sounds like you have already made the most important decision and that's to lose weight! You are probably thinking, what is this kook talking about...but I'm completely serious when I said this has been pretty easy. I have not been hungry once.
    I do not eat a bunch of cardboard. What I do eat is low fat, some low cal, if not, I just adjust the portion I eat. I shop the perimeter of the grocery store before I go to any center aisles. (the perimeter is where all the healthy stuff is...veggies, fruits, grains, meats and dairy. after all that, if I still have room in my cart, I venture to the center aisles for some mustard or low fat salad dressing. (many are really yummy) What I'm getting at is to fill your cart with good nutricious food first and by the time you get to the cookie aisle, your cart is overflowing with yummy fruits and veggies and those double stuffed oreos aren't looking as good as they did before you headed to the store.
    Faithfully plug in each and every thing that goes into your mouth into your food diary every day. Even gum and breath mints.
    Drink lots of water. Get yourself an elegant wine glass to drink it out of if your not a water fan...it makes it seem special.
    Start or buff up your exercise routine.
    Invest in a GOOD light cooking cookbook. One I highly reccommend is Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet. It's full of really yummy, nutritious recipes using ingredients you buy every day. There is even a recipe for onion rings...yes, I said ONION RINGS!!!
    Above all...be honest with yourself.
    Before you know it, you will have that beautiful, healthy body you are dreaming of... You have such a beautiful face, you deserve a beautiful healthy body...Go for it...

I truly wish you the best of luck!
    Add me as a friend if you want...
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. What is helping me, and I am by no means any kind of expert, is too look at it as getting more healthy. If you eat healthy foods and exercise, the weight will drop off. Try not to obsess about the scale reading. I look at how the shape of body has changed and how I can feel strong muscles in places that used to be flabby and the way my clothes fit.

You can do it, and you will have tons of support here, because we are all trying to accomplish a similar goal.
  • debhayes
    debhayes Posts: 14
    Options
    Drink lots of water, not diet sodas, eat 3 meals a day plus snacks-lots of veggies, fruits, lean proteins, whole grains, Put everything you eat and drink into the food log. It will help you be accountable. I recommend a good exercise plan-a personal trainer at a gym if that is available to you works well for me. Remember your body needs food for energy, don't starve yourself!! Fill up with good whole foods-and once in a while treat yourself!! Good Luck!!:happy:
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Natalie! Glad to see you on here. You can do this as long as you put your mind to it. Call me anytime for encouragement. :)
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Also - you know me; I can't give up my junk food. I just try to eat small things all day long - the snacking keeps me full and then I eat less pizza for dinner. lol.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • ash15nicole
    ash15nicole Posts: 131
    Options
    welcome!! as far as tips: i'd say to keep you motivated- read these messages board for success stories! It keeps me motivated!
    and my #1 tip: do it the healthy wayyy! eat healthy (clean eating is what i try to do..keyword: TRY haha) check out eatcleandiet.com or read about tosca reno! and exercise!! that is the best and most effective way to lose weight and keep it off!

goood luck!