2/3 of the way there! 50 lbs. lost with pic

Options
andreajp
andreajp Posts: 52 Member
Here goes nothing. I started out at the beginning of August 2012 weighing 225 lbs. I have lost 50 and would like to lose 25 more. I'm 5'7" and 52 years old (Yikes I am putting it all out there, aren't I?).

I have been overweight for a long time. I was thin until I had kids (they are 26 & 27 so I really can't blame it on baby weight anymore) and then the weight just started creeping on. About 14 years ago I lost 60 pounds and kept it off for a few years then it started creeping back on.

So in August I just decided it was time - so I logged into MFP and started tracking my food. I am diligent about doing it. I make a meal, eat it, log it. After losing about 15 lbs. I started walking. When I hit 30 lbs. I started running. I'm up to 2.5 miles (all at one time!) and hope to run in a 5K in March. Running is really the only exercise I like but I'm going to start some overall training next week.

It hasn't been easy but I can also say it really hasn't been hard either. I just made up my mind that I was not going on a diet - I was going to change the way I treated myself.

Anyway just wanted to share my accomplishment. (hope the pic thing works - if not I'll be right back...)

8439425904_de445782b2_o.jpg

Replies

• khyman
    khyman Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look great. We've got about the same stats - I'm 52 as well - so you've given me hope.
  • Dwells9496
    Dwells9496 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look incredible.
  • skykill99
    Options
    I love that comment of yours...

" I just made up my mind that I was not going on a diet - I was going to change the way I treated myself."

Good for you for staying strong!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    You look amazing :) congrats x
  • adry20
    adry20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!! You are doing amazing!!! Congratulations!!
  • Sharon91606
    Options
    Good job - I am 5'6" tall - I have lost 43 got 50 more to go - nice work - you long wonderful and younger. Always a plus :)
  • mariposaflutterby
    mariposaflutterby Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    congratulations! looking fantastic. You look so young too!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You look great! And so much younger! Love your attitude about lifestyle!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Congratulaions ! You look fantastic! :flowerforyou:
  • lesliemcq
    lesliemcq Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very motivational! Thanks for sharing!
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic! Huge change. I am 5'7" also and have 25 pounds left to lose (have lost 10 so far). I just joined MFP and would love to follow your progress!
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    An example of how determination works. You rock
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful and totally inspiring story. I turn 50 this year and I've also decided it's time. Thank you for helping to keep me motivated by being a living example of success.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Super job!!!!
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    you look amazing - very inspirational
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    beautiful!:smile:
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress - well done
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    you go girl! you look so much happier and healthier. your inside's must be smiling, because of all the changes you have made. So happy for you.....you should be very proud of your new body!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!