These days are the hardest...

Options
When I'm stuck at home studying for future exams I find it so hard to not be distracted by food, as i'm a boredom binger and theres nothing more boring than studying.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fight temptation and taking the mind of food?

Replies

• snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'll be interested to see some replies to this post, I'm exactly the same, got exams in less than a month! Eeeks!
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    I find chewing gum works for me. And drinking lots of water and tea.
    You could also go and study in a public library where you're not allowed to eat.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    keep a big plate of celery and carrot sticks next to you while you study, that way whenever you absentmindedly reach for something to crunch on, it will be something healthy!
  • joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm going through it right now. I've used gum, water, tea, and I also keep MFP on my computer screen so when I want to munch, I come to the message boards and post instead haha!

Also low sodium sunflower seeds, lots of apples, and oranges, and I may have had a couple sweets but compared to my old ways, I resisted like a champ.
  • sean_m
    sean_m Posts: 13
    Options
    As long as I don't have the temptation in the house I manage, if we have crisps, chocolate or something like that around somewhere I find myself eating my way through a family pack of Doritos or Kettle Chips or something similar. So for me it is not having those around and replacing them with apples, raw carrots (I do use low fat houmous as a dip), celery - I've also found that a huge cold salad is very filling radishes, celery, carrots, red peppers, cold ham, cold chicken, watercress, rocket salad, houmous. The lifestyle change starts with the weekly shop!