Hello everyone

Options
I have just joined the site, I used to train everyday sometimes 3 times a day, Judo, running, cross training, squash, badminton, weights and swimming but it has all caught up with me and the arthritis has set in with wear and tear also injuries. I could eat anything I like and stayed around 10st and fought at 9st 6lb or 60kg to 65kg. I have weighed about 15st 6lb last year and down to 14st 7lb at Hogmanay, I joined a few days ago at 13st 7lb Now I am limited with exercise I hope to log on every day and get back to 10st 4lb this year. So watch this space
I wish everyone good luck with their goals and happy to chat and help anyone when the going gets tough, you will feel much better if you keep at it
My profile picture is when I walked the Grande Canyon so it is my goal to get there again
Kind Regards
Duncan

Replies

• claudiacarmel
    claudiacarmel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It is no fun when pain limits your workouts and quality of life. Welcome!
  • ScotDan
    Options
    Yes Claudia, as a judo player since I was 9 and a coach since I was 19 I am one of the lucky ones, I have seen far too many people over doing exercise, me being one at times it catches up with you later in life, best to do things in moderation but I know what it is like when you get the bug at any activity you dive in and give it your all
    I have some great times to look back on and would not change it for the world but the aches and pains later in life are testing so hopefully losing the excess weight will help the old joints and get back to some social and less demanding work outs