FIBER??

Options
ajlon
ajlon Posts: 16 Member
FIBER?? ... I need to up'd it! How do you increase FIBER in your diet?? and how much FIBER are you eating? :)

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Quest bars have a LOT of it, so I don't even bother keeping track of how much I am getting.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Try adding ground flaxseed to your food.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I take a fiber supplement Metamucil orange flavor it works for me plus I eat veggies
  • MelBristol
    Options
    Vegetables, beans and lentils have a lot of it!
  • dr3w_s
    dr3w_s Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    By eating more vegetables, fruits and whole wheat products. I'normally eating around 20-30 g of fibre everyday and sometimes under 20g but I have no problem going to the loo in the morning. You could try those powdered fibre too
  • Noflexing
    Noflexing Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like to eat 10% fiber of my total carbs. I usually eat around 300 carbs a day so i'm taking in any where from 30-35 grams of fiber. you get fiber in just about any whole wheat product, beans, veggies. or you can take fiber supplements. a healthy diet should consist of 25-35 grams of fiber
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I try to get between 25 and 30 mg a day. 20 is generally recommended though I think. I have...issues, lol. I eat very high fiber/low carb cereals every morning (I'm a bit obsessed with cereal). Lots of meals with garbanzo beans, black beans, broccoli, cauliflower, avocado, almonds, lots of fruit and other veggies. High fiber bread when I make toast or a sandwich. And, on days when I don't hit my mark (I have it as one of my settings on my food diary) I take Metamucil Fiber/Calcium pills, usually just two or three.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I eat Fiber One bars. Chocolate chip ones are bomb!:smile:
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Flax Seed USA, golden cold milled is the Best I've found so far.... 2 T. = one serving :love:
  • bingmatt
    bingmatt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat between 20 and 30 grams. When I was speaking to a nutritionist last week about the fiber, she told me to make sure to increase the water when you increase the fiber or it will work against you. I was surprised by that. I thought 6-8 glasses a day are appropriate, but it is different depending on your weight and how much you are exercising. She told me I needed 13 glasses of water per day! I have not been able to come close to that!
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Here is a great resource for information: http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/063008p28.shtml

I aim for 30 grams of fiber a day but more is okay.
    Raw veggies and fruits, whole grains, beans, nuts.