Cottage cheese

Options
How do you use cottage cheese? I eat on rice thins(better than one slice of bread) as I can have 4 for 92 calories, with salad? Any other ideas as cottage cheese is low in calories?

Replies

• Elashcroft92
    Options
    Its lovely on a jacket potato with salad! xx
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I mix it with my pan-fried veggies to get a creamy sauce.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm

3224527-643649-cottage-cheese-curd-heap-with-a-spoon.jpg
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I use mine for eating too.
  • gamo701
    Options
    I slice a tomato into 4 thick slices (only when tomatoes are nice and ripe otherwise it's awful) and use them like crackers - some chives and lots of fresh cracked pepper
  • mhuff29
    mhuff29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the taste or the texture...so I am trying to find ways that I can take it.
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I add unsweetened applesauce with a little cinnamon or diced peaches no sugar added and eat it for lunch sometimes.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I just eat it out of the container. :)
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the taste or the texture...so I am trying to find ways that I can take it.
    My husband hates it. BUT our daughter makes protein pancakes out of it and I tried her recipe and he LOVES them!. The pancakes come out thin but are amazing with fruit on top!
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I mix pineapple or peaches and a packet of truvia. I have also used it in protein pancakes. Can't do it the savory way!
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've used it in casseroles and sauces in place of cream cheese or sour cream, and also in protein pancakes. I can't eat it alone though...or even mixed with anything. The texture is horrible! Hah. My father eats it with crushed pineapple or applesauce though!
  • PQ4321
    PQ4321 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    For those of you that don't like the texture (and I'm with ya), you can put it in a blender and it comes out creamy.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    scoop it with corn chips! yeah buddy!

I need all the calories and protein I can get. [/shrug shoulders]
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe on the back of a La Tortilla whole grain wrap-- don't quote me because I can't find it on the website and I am away from home.

Cottage cheese, diced tomatoes, diced onions, egg whites. Scramble together and throw into a warmed wrap. The recipe makes two, so I half the scramble part and use 1/2 of the 100 calorie tortilla. Yum!

I also like it plain or with diced veggies.

I sometimes eat it on top of toasted 45 calorie-per-slice whole wheat bread topped with a tomato. Quick and covers a lot of food groups.
  • osmom3kids
    Options
    I like to eat cottage cheese with apple butter as a dessert YUM
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am a veggie so this is my major source of low fat protein. DO not buy the fruit ones cos they add lots of sugar and concentrated fruit. Do not buy the chive ones cos they put acids in.

Buy the plain one and add some chopped up salad - gorgeous. Add tinned drained fruit (not the one in syrup) for sweet or even a measured tsp of good quality jam.

You can eat it just with a spoon for lunch - great to have as a picnic item as it fills you up for hours.

You can have it with ryvita or in a wrap because it wont go soggy.

You can have it as a cheesecake topping on top of frozen mixed berries.
  • sunnylv
    sunnylv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like it with 1/4 cup pineapple.

You should check out Paleo. We don't worry about calories! Lots of really good food too. No starving!

Lisa
  • Sholmes82
    Options
    I can eat a lot of weird/gross things however cottage cheese is not one of them..I have never liked it and figured recently I would try the one with fruit to possibly change my mind and ummm no still gross!!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    For those of you that don't like the texture (and I'm with ya), you can put it in a blender and it comes out creamy.
    You can also get a harder, dry cottage cheese.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I add pineapple and a bit of black pepper!