What to do?

Options
2»

Replies

• LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My sweetheart does most of the cooking and I'm happy to have him do it, but he's very heavy on butter, sauces, oils, meats. Rather than making a separate meal for myself, I simply watch my portion sizes. I get out my little scale and weigh everything. And frankly, if you don't scarf too fast (as I tend to do), heavy foods can also make you feel fuller faster. I've lost weight and maintained fine watching quantity.

But since you're doing the cooking, you can cook the food he likes but try to swap out some ingredients to make it healthier without losing the essence of the meal all together. Less butter. Leaner cuts of beef. Spray oil to grease the pan rather than butter or straight vegetable oil. Take the skin off your pieces of chicken. Brown rice instead of white. If regular brown feels too heavy for your man, brown basmati or jasmine has lighter quality to it. Get creative and watch your portion sizes. You got this!
  • PaulFromEssex
    Options
    Unbelievable!!!

Anyone who has a meal cooked for them should be very grateful. If you do not like what is placed in front of you, then you should get off your backside and cook something you do want.

When I was with my ex, I did 90% of the cooking. I knew what we all liked and didn't like and prepared healthy meals based around these likes. If they didn't want it, or changed their mind, then they had the option of sorting themselves. They would moan, but still ended up eating the meal anyway ... so it obviously wasn't that bad!!:laugh:

Unless you are paid to be a chef / cook, providing different meals for each sitting should be at your choice, not at others demand.

Well, that's my opinion anyway.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    It must be very hard being a victim.......err, I mean woman

Lol how do you always manage to say what I'm thinking?! OP stop making excuses to quit and just cook what you want. Me and my partner eat totally different meals.

It's no big deal, us women can multi task! You can totally cook 2 things at once with no hassle. Its very rare we eat the same food. In my opinion it's no harder to cook 2 different meals than just one. Just plan ahead.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Let him cook for himself! End of!

Fortunately my husband eats most everything I cook, but if he doesn't like it he makes his own!
  • jgrode1984
    Options

Anyone who has a meal cooked for them should be very grateful. If you do not like what is placed in front of you, then you should get off your backside and cook something you do want.

^THIS! Hopefully your hubby can get on board with your wanting to be healthy. Maybe he could try it too. :)
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable!!!

When I was with my ex, I did 90% of the cooking. I knew what we all liked and didn't like and prepared healthy meals based around these likes. If they didn't want it, or changed their mind, then they had the option of sorting themselves. They would moan, but still ended up eating the meal anyway ... so it obviously wasn't that bad!!:laugh:

Unless you are paid to be a chef / cook, providing different meals for each sitting should be at your choice, not at others demand.

Well, that's my opinion anyway.

agreed! and if he do's not like what you cooked then he can get his own supper
  • makaiya
    makaiya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    What to do?
    1. Stop making excuses for not eating for your health.
    2. Stop generalizing Puerto Rican behavior. That's not a cultural issue, that's a him issue.