I have mono, what can I do for exercise?

Options
Obviously nothing too strenuous, but if anybody has suggestions for either what I can do for exercise or what I can do to get better, it would be GREATLY appreciated!! : D

Replies

• kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Your body needs every bit of rest you can give it.
  • shorrtcaake
    Options
    bicycle exercises? lifting small weights in bed? Hah that's what I have right now.
  • Star_Basil
    Options
    This.
  • faunae17
    Options
    You can do light exercise on the days you feel ok, otherwise, on your tired days, just sleep. It may take a year to feel well enough to to exercise rigorously.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    If you're still really sick, then nothing. You should sleep as much as possible.

As you start to feel a little bit better, you can start going for walks. Listen to your body. If what you do makes you tired, do less. If it doesn't, try a little bit more. But again, this is not until you start to get better. Right in the midst of mono you really can't do anything.

The good news (if you want to look at it this way) is that you probably will lose weight anyway, since you won't feel like eating much of anything. So when you do get better, you'll be starting from a much much lower fitness, but probably a lower weight.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

+1. Talk to a doctor before doing anything.
  • astylla
    astylla Posts: 118 Member
    Options

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I can;t agree more with this. I got Mono from work because someone decided they knew they had it and it was still okay to come to work - and it DRAINED me completely for six weeks. Unfortunately your body needs rest. If you really want some type of workout I highly recommend checking with your doctor first. Once you are healthy you can be at your best. I hope you feel better soon.