Should I keep my gym membership?

SherryRH
SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
My second one that is. Currently I have 2 gym memberships and I only use the one for 1 class a week. The class is taught by one of my bootcamp instructors but since we have a break right now she has been teaching a Monday morning class. I guess if she doesn't do a Monday class someone is doing something in the group that I can join. It would save about $40.00 a month just for the membership and I have no idea how much in gas.

I used to take other classes there but the bootcamp group is used to doing things at 5:30 am and I like that better than a 6:00 start which is what I get with the 2nd membership. What would you do?

Replies

• SherryRH
    My second one that is. Currently I have 2 gym memberships and I only use the one for 1 class a week. The class is taught by one of my bootcamp instructors but since we have a break right now she has been teaching a Monday morning class. I guess if she doesn't do a Monday class someone is doing something in the group that I can join. It would save about $40.00 a month just for the membership and I have no idea how much in gas.

I used to take other classes there but the bootcamp group is used to doing things at 5:30 am and I like that better than a 6:00 start which is what I get with the 2nd membership. What would you do?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    If I understand you correctly, I would go to the 1 membership. The other gym has the same kind of class, right?

I don't mind paying $40/month if I'm going once a week, but if I'm not, it's not worth it.
  • SherryRH
    yes, that is correct. I have had the 2nd gym membership for over 6 years now and I used to take 3-4 classes a week there. But I stopped going for a while and then I found the instructor who teaches the bootcamp class. I stayed at the 2nd gym because of her Monday night class. So if she does it monday mornings on the off time I really dont need to on Monday nights. I can do other things with the group during the week when we dont have bootcamp. When bootcamp is in session, it is M-W-F.