Question: What does "Bump" Mean? How To Do It?

Options
I don't mean to be dense here but I have see "Bump" on a bunch of posts. What is it and how do you do it? Sorry never heard that before :smile:

Replies

• niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You type "bump" and it brings the post to the top, or sometimes I type bump just so it's added to my topics to read later
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It means that you comment on the post to bring it higher up in the list of posts, in hopes that someone will read it and comment on it/ give advice/etc.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    It's basically a bookmark for a thread you would like to come back to read later. And all you do is type "bump" and click on post reply. It will then show up in the My Topics section and there you go.

Dang, I was too slow

Beat Up My Pig
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    It's a way of "bumping" the thread up to the top of the section. It also flags that topic in the persons "My Topics" section so it shows up for easy reading later in case it drops back a few pages.

To do it, you just reply and write "Bump"
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Yeah - what everyone said! We all posted at nearly the same moment. :laugh: :tongue: :drinker:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It means Bring Up My Post. But, you can post it on any thread you want to read or want more people to respond to.
  • gardenbird
    gardenbird Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks everyone! Learn something new everyday huh :happy:
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    lmao! i always thought that it meant that they thought it was cool so they were like fist bumping.. or belly bumping.. like 80's rockers! i'm such a dork!
  • ecogranny
    Options
    I too was wondering what BUMP meant but was reluctant to ask. At 68 I thought it was a phrase that we mature kids had missed out on. Great to know for the future. Many thanks
  • Painterdee
    Painterdee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Haha...me too! Now I'm a little smarter! :laugh: