Calories-I eat about 2,000 per day

Options
How many calories do you eat daily? Do you feel like you need more or less..? I'm discovering that eating more calories per day (followed with moderate exercise, maintains my energy levels and I'm not starving my bedtime).

I'm loosing about 1 pound per week. I feel great, I can do this!! About 20 pounds to go!!!

SW: 230
CW:165
GW:145

Replies

• embracingmycurves
    embracingmycurves Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love this post! Your awesome.
  • LupitaWins12
    Options
    I love this post! Your awesome.

Awe, you're sweet, thx!!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I eat around 2300 when I workout. When I don't it's around 1550.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    First, Drusilla your before and after pics have you look like a completely different person.

Although I did not log my food when I first began losing in earnest, I can say from my current pattern that it was on the order of 2200-2400 calories per day.

I walked nearly everyday rain or shine.

Major dietary changes:

Stopped drinking carbonated soft drinks (just lost the taste for them)

Stopped eating the big bowl of ice cream and went to a desert cup size (the real serving size) and had that almost every night summer and winter.

Went from drinking "sweet tea" to a half and half blend of sweetened and unsweetened

Eventualluy reduced and then dropped the morning coffee flavoring of French Vanilla

I began eating a real breakfast every day rather than skipping it or maybe having a piece of toast.

All that took me from my first plateau of 232 pounds down to 190 pounds.
  • LupitaWins12
    Options
    Although I did not log my food when I first began losing in earnest, I can say from my current pattern that it was on the order of 2200-2400 calories per day.

I walked nearly everyday rain or shine.

Major dietary changes:

Stopped drinking carbonated soft drinks (just lost the taste for them)

Stopped eating the big bowl of ice cream and went to a desert cup size (the real serving size) and had that almost every night summer and winter.

Went from drinking "sweet tea" to a half and half blend of sweetened and unsweetened

Eventualluy reduced and then dropped the morning coffee flavoring of French Vanilla

I began eating a real breakfast every day rather than skipping it or maybe having a piece of toast.

All that took me from my first plateau of 232 pounds down to 190 pounds.

That's awesome!! Good job, keep it up, you got this!!!
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I eat 1400 on a regular day and around 1800 on a workout day. 1400 is plenty and I usually have to supplement with protein shakes, nut butter or larger portions to get higher.